Windows 10: 8821ce latency high on battery

Discus and support 8821ce latency high on battery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy all, first post - new member. New-ish laptop, HP Ryzen 2500u - Vega 8, goes good in most ways. Only real problem is high latency on wifi when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soxx, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Soxx Win User

8821ce latency high on battery

Howdy all, first post - new member.

New-ish laptop, HP Ryzen 2500u - Vega 8, goes good in most ways.

Only real problem is high latency on wifi when on battery.
    The wifi card is a Realtek 8821CE, of which there appears to be known problems of all kinds.

Initially the unit had the OEM OS (10 home), which I ditched soon after purchase.
    I actually tried ramming 8x on it but couldn't get video drivers working (surprise surprise).

Then did a fresh install of 10 home and the problem still persisted.
    I have since installed 10 LTSC and still have the problem.

I have tried all the drivers as they're released since the beginning of the year, currently on 2024.0.9.103.
    Initially the unit had connection issues and along the way one of the drivers sorted that issue, however the high latency is not gone.

I've also tried various power plan configs (currently on ultimate), and various other different drivers for other items, and countless other tweaks found all over the interweb.

I've even spoken to HP support a few times, and they hit a brick wall and insist I send it in for service.
    I don't wish to do that at this point, maybe not at all.

The ONLY thing which has made a difference, and which is a band-aid approach at best, is to disable "Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery" in device manager.
    This sorts the high latency problem, however it takes away the battery level meter.
    Not really a major issue as such, but an annoyance.

The HP tech maintained it must be a hardware issue given the above description, however I can't see how given that it can be sorted (sort of) by disabling ACPI blah blah blah.

I've hit a brick wall with this and still feel it's a driver issue of the wifi card, but am obviously not certain.
    Otherwise the laptop operates very well, but this puts a damper on it somewhat.

The machine is generally up to date with the important drivers, has shutup 10, WUB, and a few other things to streamline this hobbled OS.

Any ideas?

:)

2. snitsman Win User

High Latency

I'm having an issue with high latency. After a reboot the computer runs fine....but over time the latency continues to increase so eventually everything starts to respond so slow that it is unusable and have to do a hard restart. I haven't been able to
    figure it out. I bought an external network card to use instead of the onboard one hoping that would fix it....but same results. Anyone have any ideas??

snitsman, Jun 13, 2019
  3. High DPC latency

I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver.

I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your advice.

ChaundraRaddatz, Jun 13, 2019
  4. 8821ce latency high on battery

DPC Latency High

Hi

My latency is high no matter what I do. I tried all the tricks I red about on the net but no luck

Any idea of what to do to fix it?/

JoeyAfonso, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

8821ce latency high on battery

1. 8821ce latency high on battery - Similar Threads - 8821ce latency high

2. storport.sys high latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storport.sys high latency: Hello, i bought new hardware and since then i have some freezes micro lags and found out that the storport.sys is making it difficult for me to handle itMy SpecsMSI B550 TomahawkG.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-4000C18D 32GB 2x16 Ryzen 7 5800x 8 CoreSamsung 980 NVMe M.2 1 TB PCIeRTX...
  3. storport.sys high latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storport.sys high latency: Hello, i bought new hardware and since then i have some freezes micro lags and found out that the storport.sys is making it difficult for me to handle itMy SpecsMSI B550 TomahawkG.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-4000C18D 32GB 2x16 Ryzen 7 5800x 8 CoreSamsung 980 NVMe M.2 1 TB PCIeRTX...
  4. High latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issues: Hi I’m getting extreme DCP latency, audio pop, crackle, distortion, frame drops, out of sync issues. I need to fix this ASAP for an animation music production project for my client. I’ve had this issue on and off for years with windows 10. Usually a rollback or fresh install...
  5. High Latency storport.sys.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Latency storport.sys.: Good evening, I am writing to you since it is since I assembled the PC that I am aware of latencies at the audio level or mini freeze during the basic processes such as program installation. I started to test everything and I saw with LatencyMon and CrystalDisk Mark that the...
  6. High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  7. High latency ndis.sys on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    High latency ndis.sys on battery: Hi *Smile I have a problem with ndis.sys - NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification), Microsoft Corporation. When i use PC on battery, ndis.sys - NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification), Microsoft Corporation is too high [img] When i use PC plugged in, there...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. High latency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High latency: ***Here’s a tuff problem for you guys here i ask only advance to help please*** Hi when i installed my new 500gb hdd my computer never boot the os but recognized the hdd in bios. So i went and tried a new cpu and it worked on there so i figured let me try to buy another...
  10. DPC latency tests. High latency?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8821ce high ping