Windows 10: 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

Discus and support 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_am-person, Aug 4, 2020.

1. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here.

specs:

CPU: ryzen 5 2600

GPU: gtx 1660

RAM: Viper DDR4 (2x8) 3000mhz sticks on slots 2 and 4

(If more information is needed please ask kindly)

thanks in advanced for any help

submitted by /u/I_am-person
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_am-person, Aug 4, 2020

2. Usable of 8GB Ram

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 32 bit operating system with 8GB Ram. My laptop showing only 1.91 GB Ram usable, PLEASE help me how to used all 8gb ram?

AadilMemon, Aug 4, 2020
  3. I have installed 8gb ram (2x4gb) but only 3gb is usable, is there an easy way to make the full 8gb ram usable?

* Original Title: Ram loss

Hi, I have a self made PC running windows 10, I have installed 8gb ram (2x4gb) but only 3gb is usable, is there an easy way to make the full 8gb ram usable?

SteveBrushett, Aug 4, 2020
  4. LMiller7 Win User

8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

I believe this is some kind of hardware problem. Can't help you with that.

The 16 GB RAM reported by CPU-Z only means that the RAM is present and can be identified. This does not imply the memory is good or fully compatible, just that it is there. Windows has stricter requirements, that it actually works. I believe the BIOS does a very simple memory test to determine how much memory is actually usable and Windows won't try to exceed this. In this case it is 4080 MB. Rounded down to the next lower .1 GB and you get 3.9 GB. The rounding is just for display purposes.

Task Manager reports 12.1 GB as hardware reserved. This does not mean it is somehow reserved by Windows. Any difference between the total RAM installed (16 GB) and what is actually usable (3.9 GB), whatever the cause, is reported as hardware reserved.

The commit limit (13.9 GB) is the size of usable RAM plus the size of the pagefile, minus a small overhead. That would mean a current pagefile size of 10 GB. There is no implication it is being used.

LMiller7, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

1. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable - Similar Threads - 8gb ram usable

2. Only 3gb ram usable of 8gb installed on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 3gb ram usable of 8gb installed on Windows 11: Hello! My pc is a Hp 255 g8 with 8gb of ram and x64 Windows 11 based operating system. I wanted to know if somehow I could free at least 6 or 7 gigs of ram in my pc. The hardware says that require 2.1gb, I can also provide a screenshot if needed. Thanks!Francesco...
  3. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  4. 8gb ram 4.87gb usable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram 4.87gb usable problem: My cpu is amd ryzen 3 3200 g radeon vega graphics i don't know if it will help but the main problem is the ram, Why does it show 4.87gb usable when i've got 8gb ram installed? Need help....
  5. Only 3.2GB RAM Usable of 8GB on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 3.2GB RAM Usable of 8GB on Windows 11: Hello,I have Windows 11 Pro, freshly installed. At first, it worked OK, but one day after installation, my usable RAM dropped to 3.2 GB.Task manager detects that I have 8 GB, it just refuses to use them all. It wants to use only 4GB.I have a 64 bit system. All my RAM is...
  6. Only 3.2GB RAM Usable of 8GB on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only 3.2GB RAM Usable of 8GB on Windows 11: Hello,I have Windows 11 Pro, freshly installed. At first, it worked OK, but one day after installation, my usable RAM dropped to 3.2 GB.Task manager detects that I have 8 GB, it just refuses to use them all. It wants to use only 4GB.I have a 64 bit system. All my RAM is...
  7. I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable: Hey everyone I have and always had 8GB installed in this PC, i think i never had more than 4 usable but now i only get 2.6 as it says on the system info Anyone knows how to fix this?? I tried to go to the msconfig and then up to the "max memory" but it didnt worked......
  8. ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram

ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram: I am using hp pavilion gaming laptop with 64 bit processor and have 8 gb of installed ram but still showing only 2.99 usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-299-gb-ram-usable-of-8gb-ram/53b7f13c-ff30-439b-90bb-a27a094df8d1
  9. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  10. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...