Windows 10: 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

Discus and support 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulPChou, Jun 15, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.

:)

PaulPChou, Jun 15, 2019

2. Win 10 Pro reporting low usable RAM vs installed RAM.

I have 32gb of RAM installed. Sometimes Win 10 reports 24gb available other times it reports 16gb available. The installed RAM remains the same at 32gb. Sometime 8gb is hardware reserved and other times 16gb is hardware reserved. The fluctuation is annoying
    and 8-16gb for hardware reservation seems very excessive. It is a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64-bit. What the heck is going on here?

JaredJasper, Jun 15, 2019
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jun 15, 2019
  4. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

16GB RAM

What speed improvement can I expect increasing from 8GB of RAM to 16GB on a Fierce APOLLO Quadcore Desktop Gaming PC, Athlon X4 860K 4.0GHz, GTX 750 Ti 2GB

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

GarinasRogers, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

1. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10? - Similar Threads - 8GB ram 16GB

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  4. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  5. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  6. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...
  7. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  8. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb: I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no...
  9. BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes

BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. I post here because i think this is the only forum can help me... My situation : I have a configuration with 16Gb of RAM but I have some BSOD with 16Gb when i play games or when i watch videos on netflix or youtube or simply when i...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8 gb vs 16 gb win10

2. windows 10 with 8gb of ran vs 16gb

3. 8gb or 16gb ram

4. 8gb vs 16gb windows 10,
  5. win10 8gb or 16gb,
  6. windows10 8gb 16gb difference