Windows 10: 8gb ram 7.65 available

Discus and support 8gb ram 7.65 available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kingston_1, Mar 22, 2022.

1. 8gb ram 7.65 available

So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?

:)

Kingston_1, Mar 22, 2022
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Mar 22, 2022
  3. NOKIA E 65 ram

I AM GETTING 'out of memory, close other applications' message, particularly while down loading PDF files.

How can I increase Ram on the e-65.

ridge---01, Mar 22, 2022
  4. DaveR Win User

8gb ram 7.65 available

B2 Phenom + 8GB ram = BSOD

Just and Update to this, Stricly speaking my Mother Board only lists support for 4Gb Ram its a Jetway NC 81 ( JNC-81 ) It takes notebook memory in the shape of 2 x SODIM sticks. But it does appear to see 4GB sodimms OK.

It has a Phenom 9350e quad proc:

running XP 64 1x 4GB stick and a 1x 2GB (6GB total) stick runs fine
    running XP 64 2x 4GB stick (8GB total) Intermittant fail with BSOD

Memtest+ with 2x 4GB runs absolutley fine

running Windows 7 Beta 64 2x 4GB stick (8GB total) runs fine

I tried tweaking the VDIMM and NB as suggested and it made no difference, What i have tried is a beta version of Windows 7 and that runs absolutley fine with the full 8GB.

I know the MB doesn't officially support 8GB but i woudln't be at all suprised if that was mainly due to 4gb SODIMS only recently becomming available.

The upshot is that if it runs ok with Windows 7 then its not likely a CPU issue.

Seems to be more an XP thing? If anyone has any thoughts as to why XP won't run in this combination i'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Dave

DaveR, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

8gb ram 7.65 available

1. 8gb ram 7.65 available - Similar Threads - 8gb ram available

2. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  3. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  4. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  5. 8gb ram 7.65 available

8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  6. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  7. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  8. Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB: Is this normal? One of our employees is complaining about his computer freezing up on him. His RAM usage is pretty high at around 90% most of the time, and checking the device specifications saying that out of 8GB or installed RAM, only 5.89GB are available. My question is,...
  9. Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows using 7-8GB of ram idle: Even after a fresh reinstall windows 10 is using between 7-8GB just idling without any extra applications installed. It doesn't really affect performance, but it's just annoying when many other people only have it using 3-4GB idle. What can be done to stop it from using so...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075