Windows 10: 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

Discus and support 8gb ram can only be used for 4? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mateusz595, Sep 11, 2020.

1. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help

Hab 4x2GB from Samsung

:)

Mateusz595, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

8gb ram can only be used for 4?

1. 8gb ram can only be used for 4? - Similar Threads - 8gb ram used

2. I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB are use able.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB are use able.: hi,I have a problem with my RAM where is says that I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB of RAM is usable, I've tried to restart my computer, I've tried to delete somethings, I've tired to use the systems configuration yet that hasn't helped. I'm really stuck so can you...
  3. I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB are use able.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB are use able.: hi,I have a problem with my RAM where is says that I have 8GB of RAM installed but only 7.76GB of RAM is usable, I've tried to restart my computer, I've tried to delete somethings, I've tired to use the systems configuration yet that hasn't helped. I'm really stuck so can you...
  4. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  5. my 8gb ram uses only 3.9gb and 4.1 is in hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my 8gb ram uses only 3.9gb and 4.1 is in hardware reserved: hello i need help, this problem occurs when i installed a new cpu, I've tried many fixes like tinkering in msconfig, bios, windows memory diagnostics, maintenance task, even cleaning and switching places of rams. in my old cpu it uses all of 8gb of ram so the ram and their...
  6. ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONLY 2.99 gb ram usable of 8gb ram: I am using hp pavilion gaming laptop with 64 bit processor and have 8 gb of installed ram but still showing only 2.99 usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-299-gb-ram-usable-of-8gb-ram/53b7f13c-ff30-439b-90bb-a27a094df8d1
  7. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

8gb of ram only 3.9 usable: So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here. specs: CPU: ryzen 5 2600 GPU: gtx 1660 RAM: Viper...
  8. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  9. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075