Windows 10: 8gb RAM?

Discus and support 8gb RAM? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josbeph, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Josbeph Win User

8gb RAM?

Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work?

:)

Josbeph, Feb 6, 2016

2. Hey Korn, N81 8GB is 49000 Taka in Bangladesh

Today I asked the price of N81 8Gb is 49000TK. N95 8GB is 65000TK. So, N81 8gb is cheaper than N95 8GB in B.Desh.

reaz33---01, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Totig Win User
    Did anybody in UK Orange get the 16G version of Samsung Omnia 7?

Hi, you can only get the Omnia from Orange in 8gb. Most WP7 phones are 8gb. I know you can get the HD7 in 8gb/16gb, and samsungs website lists the Omnia as available in 8gb/16gb.

My Omnia is 8gb.

Totig, Feb 6, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

8gb RAM?

If you get new RAM and put the sticks in there should be no issues.

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Josbeph Win User
    Thank you!

Josbeph, Feb 6, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  7. You should check to see exactly what you need on a site like this.
    It will give you choice's available, price's and tell you how to install it.
    Welcome to Crucial USA

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

8gb RAM?

Be careful that you put the sticks in the correct slots. Many motherboards require that you put sticks in the same even/odd arrangement (ie 2 sticks go in slots 1 and 3, or 2 sticks go in slots 2 and 4)

Mystere, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    And the boards I've worked with that had 4 or more slots had different colored ones, 2 black and 2 white or other colors, always match pairs of modules to the same color slots.

+1 for Crucial, have had only one issue in more than 15 years in which I learned that a Dell Dimension 2300 Series [2300-2399] computer does not include the 2350 computer which uses different modules, exchange as cross-shipment went smoothly and in only 3 days.

Berton, Feb 7, 2016
  10. bobkn Win User
    This is a half-silly remark:

If you had a motherboard with an Intel X79 or X99 chipset, you'd want quad channel RAM (set of 4 matched DIMMs). The boards would still support dual channel memory, with some loss in performance.

The system in your signature isn't one of those, or an old X58 system (triple channel RAM).

Never mind. If you had any of those, you'd know. (Expensive when new..)

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

8gb RAM?

1. 8gb RAM? - Similar Threads - 8gb RAM

2. Can run WSA on 8GB ram, i3 processor and 320GB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can run WSA on 8GB ram, i3 processor and 320GB HDD ?: i3 processor, 8GB ram and 320GB HDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-run-wsa-on-8gb-ram-i3-processor-and-320gb-hdd/82ac7295-9df1-498b-aa0e-50db3c7d1cd1
  3. Can run WSA on 8GB ram, i3 processor and 320GB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can run WSA on 8GB ram, i3 processor and 320GB HDD ?: i3 processor, 8GB ram and 320GB HDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-run-wsa-on-8gb-ram-i3-processor-and-320gb-hdd/82ac7295-9df1-498b-aa0e-50db3c7d1cd1
  4. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  5. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  6. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max: So I have a windows 7 home basic activated.....and upgraded it to windows 10 home using the media creation tool.....after everything is done, everything went well....also the windows 10 home I installed is automatically activated idk why...so for that I think ram limit is now...
  8. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max: So I have a windows 7 home basic activated.....and upgraded it to windows 10 home using the media creation tool.....after everything is done, everything went well....also the windows 10 home I installed is automatically activated idk why...so for that I think ram limit is now...
  9. Command prompt states 8gb ram max only , while motherboard specs says 16gb max

10. why this option is not shwoing what to do my pc specs i5 5th gen 500gb hard disk 8gb ram...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why this option is not shwoing what to do my pc specs i5 5th gen 500gb hard disk 8gb ram...: what to do pls help i want for new win 10 copoillot feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-this-option-is-not-shwoing-what-to-do-my-pc/5a312ad1-559f-440a-beb4-ba53c1ec9e94

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone with 8gb ram