Windows 10: 8tb hdd issue with initializing

Discus and support 8tb hdd issue with initializing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So tried initializing the HDD but an error pops up saying “theres an I/O device error.” Tried everything i could, went to youtube for answers, asked a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TS B WOODY, May 19, 2020.

1. 8tb hdd issue with initializing

So tried initializing the HDD but an error pops up saying “theres an I/O device error.” Tried everything i could, went to youtube for answers, asked a buddy etc and nothing still. Its a brand new HDD and also i have windows 10. Tried updating it but its already up to date...im lost now

:)

TS B WOODY, May 19, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 19, 2020
  4. Uplink10 Win User

8tb hdd issue with initializing

Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD

I wonder which 8TB drive are they using, maybe Seagate's 8TB Archive HDD.

Uplink10, May 19, 2020
Thema:

8tb hdd issue with initializing

1. 8tb hdd issue with initializing - Similar Threads - 8tb hdd issue

2. Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate 8TB Drive Issues: Hello All Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1055 M.2 Boot drive Windows Defender fully up to date/Malwarebytes 4.4.0 Free Fully up to date as well Issue is: Slow External Drive when writing or reading from it, Ran Part way with Disk Genius verify/bad sector scan, when i stopped it...
  3. Internal HDD unable to initialized

Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  4. HDD drives not initializing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives not initializing: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  5. Newish 8TB HDD Shows Health Status (Caution)

Newish 8TB HDD Shows Health Status (Caution): Should I be worried? The drive has done less than 3000 hours and is already showing a caution in the health status according the CrystalDiskInfo. Is there any fix? [img] 165812
  6. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  7. Concern about initializing HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Concern about initializing HDD: Hello, I moved a hard drive from a RAID set up to another computer to test if it was working. Computer management utility is asking me to initialize it as if it is brand new. Shouldn't the hard drive already be initialized if my RAID set up was working properly? And will...
  8. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  9. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: I have a 500gb external HD USB and it has data on it that I need cause the drive doesnt not show up now. I went into my computer management and disk 1 says not initialize. When I try to initialize to GPT it says the drive is too small. Now before all this happened I had...
  10. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: Since I put vmWare 10 on my laptop , my external HDD wont initialize. it says its there but when i try to initialize it tells me my drive is too small for GPT, Its 500gb. When I installed VMWare i might have had the external connected and i believe i opted for to split...