Windows 10: 9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows

Discus and support 9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New update of 9/8/20 causes my laptop to not allow me to log into windows password incorrect. I restored to before update and was fine, it updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattBoatman, Sep 12, 2020.

1. 9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows

New update of 9/8/20 causes my laptop to not allow me to log into windows password incorrect. I restored to before update and was fine, it updated automatically again 9/11/20 overnight and I had the same issue. I removed 'last quality update' instead of restore, and I'm fine again. When it updates again, it will do the same thing, how can I fix this?

:)

MattBoatman, Sep 12, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 12, 2020
  4. 9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows

1. 9/8/20 update causing incorrect password for windows - Similar Threads - update causing incorrect

2. Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022: I have no task bar, and the window tab +I opens sometimes but then shuts down, and if it does open it does not display anything. No way to do settings adjustments. Bottom corner states windows security Actions recomended, but when I click nothing happens. Checked and system...
  3. Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors after the Update on 8-9-2022: I have no task bar, and the window tab +I opens sometimes but then shuts down, and if it does open it does not display anything. No way to do settings adjustments. Bottom corner states windows security Actions recomended, but when I click nothing happens. Checked and system...
  4. Update and incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and incorrect password: Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried all the listed solutions but uninstalling quality update features every time is the only way to get back in. Please advise on...
  5. Cumulative update for Windows 10 KB4571756 on 9/9/20

Cumulative update for Windows 10 KB4571756 on 9/9/20: I've already talked with Microsoft on the phone about this update. It keeps failing and won't install. They got on my PC and the tech told me that it wasn't my PC. He said that there was a problem with the update, and to pause it for one week which I did till 9/17/20. It...
  6. 9/10/20 upload caused settings & update menus to not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    9/10/20 upload caused settings & update menus to not open: The latest updates from Windows that I uploaded on 9/10/20 has caused my settings menu to not open and I can no longer check for updates or check the update history. I restored to prior to loading the updates but it didn't help. I need help. Hopefully, with simple detailed...
  7. Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM: I am unbelievably upset. My computer was rebooted yesterday and the type has completely shrunk and the screen is super light. I have an urgent situation. I have limited vision and bought a large screen to have larger clearer type. Now I can hardly read the emails. The type is...
  8. Windows update 8/9/19

Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  9. BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18: Old ASUS Notebook U50F (Win7 upgraded with Win10home when it first came out) but has not been turned on/used in last 5 months, updated with Win10home 1803 auto installed 9/8/2018 OS build 17134.254. Updated some other software (CCleaner, OpenOffice,) ran fine for one day....
  10. No updates since 9/8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates since 9/8: Hi all... I'm perplexed. My Win 10 system shows the last update that was applied to it was on 9/8. It is now 9/21 and I find it had to believe that MS has not released any updates since 9/8. If I "check for updates" I am told that my system is up to date. Does anyone know...