Windows 10: 9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen.

Discus and support 9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so I bought a 9 cell battery from a local store called [REDACTED] for $137.99 and bypassed the $207.49 6 cell battery because I'm cheap and needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tenga Zangetsu, Aug 14, 2015.

1. 9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen.

Ok, so I bought a 9 cell battery from a local store called [REDACTED] for $137.99 and bypassed the $207.49 6 cell battery because I'm cheap and needed it now. As soon as I got home, I put it in, it fit perfectly. I opened it, only opened it roughly a 1/4 of the way and it pops the battery off the pc locking clasps and into my lap, The 3 spare cells hanging off the back interfere with the lip of my screen. I went back to exchange it and got all sales final after product seal is opened. My question, Is there a platform/module or battery extension peripheral to lower it at least 1/4 of an inch to un-obstruct the back of my screen? Hate to lose money on this and don't want to be stuck with something I cannot use. any solid help will be appreciated.

9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen. [​IMG]

9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen. [​IMG]

:)

Tenga Zangetsu, Aug 14, 2015

2. Doubt about the effect of repeated incomplete chargings

I'm not a battery doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express once. Here's my theory... The battery in your laptop is probably 3 or 4 cells in series (a LiPo battery puts out a standard voltage of 3.7 volts per cell). I don't know how smart the PC is about
    keeping those cells in balance, but if one or more of the cells gets out of balance (i.e. it's voltage is 3.2 volts while the rest of the cells are 3.8 volts), when you start drawing down the battery with usage the one cell dies long before the others and
    the computer considers the battery to be dead. Possibly repeated mini-charges can cause the cells to become out of balance (? - like I said, I'm not a battery doctor), or maybe one of the cells developed an internal flaw... it happens.

The battery in your phone is a single cell, so balance of the cells is not an issue. The cell developing a flaw is still a possibility.

However, batteries do have a limited number of cycles that they can be charged/discharged, so I usually try to run mine down fully and recharge it fully each time. However, the worst that can happen is that you'll need to go get a new battery, so I wouldn't
    lose sleep over it if I were you.

downunderdog---01, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Carly_1 Win User
    help red green blue white bar screen

hey, i had the same problem and i fixed it. i took the battery out and saw the 4 golden tabs behind the battery. there was two tabs that u could pull out. i lightly pulled them out a little bit. the problem was that the tabs wouldnt hit the battery to charge
    it. thats why it put the tri colored screen on the front. also my charger fit into the charging hole in the phone, but it had to be moved around to much that it did not fit exactly. I have been rough with the charger so it moved the inside of my phone around.
    i put the charger in the phone and moved it around gently around untill the light lit up on the front at the top by the word at&t. after it was completly charged, i turned it on and it worked perfectly. i hope this helps in whoever may have this problem because
    i know it sucks!

Thanks

Carly_1, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen.

Sell it on Ebay and then buy one that fits.

Antilope, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen.

1. 9 cell battery so-so fit. Battery pulled out by opening pc screen. - Similar Threads - cell battery fit

2. Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?: I am using a microsoft surface laptop 5 and I run my laptop mostly on battery in school. I have experienced significant battery shortage since I bought it. 2023-06-03 - 2023-06-1050,337 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-10 - 2023-06-1746,496 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-17 - 2023-06-2446,529...
  3. Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?: I am using a microsoft surface laptop 5 and I run my laptop mostly on battery in school. I have experienced significant battery shortage since I bought it. 2023-06-03 - 2023-06-1050,337 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-10 - 2023-06-1746,496 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-17 - 2023-06-2446,529...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 Draining Battery So Much??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Draining Battery So Much??: hai guys,just wondering why my battery life is draining so fast after updating to the latest windows 11 22H2. I used to use my laptop for about 9 hours for office work with secondary GPU turn off and about 5 hours with secondary GPU on. Now, it just can stay for abour 4 hours...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Draining Battery So Much??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Draining Battery So Much??: hai guys,just wondering why my battery life is draining so fast after updating to the latest windows 11 22H2. I used to use my laptop for about 9 hours for office work with secondary GPU turn off and about 5 hours with secondary GPU on. Now, it just can stay for abour 4 hours...
  6. Battery drains so fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery drains so fast: Dear Microsoft, I am Using Windows 10 Home on Vostro 3590The battery drains out so fast see that the full charge capacity is far away from the design capacityPlease adviceThank you in advance...
  7. Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imperator_Romulus476 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktag7x/why_is_my_battery_life_estimate_so_inaccurate/
  8. PC Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Battery: During the last few days I have received a large warning message in a blue background telling me my battery is low and I should plug in my PC immediately. My PC continues to work perfectly and is always plugged into a UPS, even when shut down. What should I do?...
  9. So my computer's battery is bricked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So my computer's battery is bricked.: At least, my computer says I need to replace it. Which sucks. But until I get a new one, will it continue to run if it's plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-computers-battery-is-bricked/999e7b55-87ea-486f-93f9-3ebdb2863919
  10. new battery fitted aspire v not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new battery fitted aspire v not charging: just fitted a new battery lapp battery not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/new-battery-fitted-aspire-v-not-charging/a1ac4eb5-639f-4c12-aad0-25a22cffccb3