Windows 10: 90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work

Discus and support 90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The day i bought my laptop with inbuilt windows i felt my laptop performance is slow, the i just checked me ram usage and it showed 3/3.9GB. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KETSU08, Jun 10, 2019.

1. KETSU08 Win User

90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work

The day i bought my laptop with inbuilt windows i felt my laptop performance is slow, the i just checked me ram usage and it showed 3/3.9GB. I just open chrome and McAfee antivirus and suddenly my laptop became slow. Everything is up to date support assist doesn't show any problem. my average memory usage is 82% without doing anything.

90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work b68f03ed-b578-4c63-b808-ab2c9b3e2be2?upload=true.jpg

:)

KETSU08, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Josh Q Win User

Windows 10 always at 80-90% memory usage

My PC have been running slow for a few weeks now, and I've never really had any time to check why, I've always assumed my PC was just getting old.

I recently checked my task manager, and saw that even if I wasn't doing anything my memory usage was either on 80%-90%, it never goes lower than that. Even after a reboot.

I've always used my PC for non-pc heavy gaming when I have time, movie streaming on netflix, listening to music and etc. So I've never really encountered any problems in the last 4 years of using my pc.

90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work JXzO3.png

I'd like some insight on what can be done to fix this issue, I've been told it might be a malware issue, I went and got MalwareBytes for that then quarantined and deleted the threats found, but the issue is still here.

Josh Q, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Memory constantly at 90%+ after Windows 10 upgrade

Yesterday I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to windows 10, and today I started having problems running games where everything was getting very hitchy. I checked my memory and CPU usage and noticed that my memory is now constantly at 90% or greater. The task manager claims that System is using the most memory, but it's only using aroun 250 MB, there is 7.6/7.9 GB of memory being used total. My specs are:

• Intel i5-4670K @3.4 GHz
    • 8.00 GB RAM @1333 MHz
    • 64 bit Windows 10
    • MSI Twin Frozr Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
    Is anyone else having this problem, or has fixed it? I looked around on Google and various forums but only found one post that seemed similar, and the person said that the issue involved an Nvidia memory leak and they had fixed it, but didn't explain how they'd fixed it. The post was also about a pre-release version of Windows 10 from May. Here's a link to the post
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ting-open.html
    and here is a picture of my problem
    https://i.imgur.com/xzzYhXf.jpg?2
    https://i.imgur.com/zSp0TWX.jpg?1

MarbleXylophone, Jun 10, 2019
  4. 90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work

100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work

1. 90% MEMORY usage without any heavy work - Similar Threads - 90% MEMORY usage

2. Memory Usage Constantly 70% and it affects heavy softwares like Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Usage Constantly 70% and it affects heavy softwares like Games: I will straight jump to screenshots to explain what is happening. 70% or above Memory Usage From when I start my laptop until I open any application-----------------------------------------------------83% Memory Usage When I start FortniteEventually that memory usage starts...
  3. Memory Usage Constantly 70% and it affects heavy softwares like Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Usage Constantly 70% and it affects heavy softwares like Games: I will straight jump to screenshots to explain what is happening. 70% or above Memory Usage From when I start my laptop until I open any application-----------------------------------------------------83% Memory Usage When I start FortniteEventually that memory usage starts...
  4. Memory Usage Constantly 70% and it affects heavy softwares like Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Heavy data usage without any use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Heavy data usage without any use: hello , i am facing heavy data usage in my laptop . it uses approximately 2 GB data in 5 to 10 minutes . i have tried setting it to metered connection , turned off all backgrounds data , also installed all the available updates for my laptop . but nothing worked for me . it...
  6. Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019

Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019: Hi Team,Do we have a similar patch for server 2019 ?The update in the below link is applicable to server 2016 only.Update resolves heavy memory use in ReFS on a computer that is running Windows Server 2016 microsoft.comPlease helpRegardsSrinidhi...
  7. High memory usage without processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage without processes: [ATTACH] Hello For a long time I observed Windows 10 is using too much memory. I am checking current processes and total count is not even close to current usage. I reinstalled my OS many times, have latest updates, latest BIOS, but still same issue persist for a long...
  8. Heavy disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Heavy disk usage: Disk at 100, system using 70-80%. It’s trying to update windows. It stalls. I open trouble shooter, it stalls and keeps loading forever. Restarted it, shut down and on multiple times. Please help submitted by /u/7sevenheaven [link] [comments]...
  9. Heavy Internet usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Heavy Internet usage: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data. But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  10. Heavy Network Usage

Heavy Network Usage: Hello, Some Unknown service is continuously downloading content in the background. I cannot trace out the application/service which is using the network via task manager and resource monitor. Task manager is showing heavy network activity, but none of the process is showing...