Windows 10: 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of...

Discus and support 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So now I only got like 5-8 images left. Inside the default "Pictures" folder i now have this folder called "Feedback" that is full of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sabinlord, Apr 8, 2020.

1. 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of...

90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... tAZAARR1XNY84hXjnRbr3R3ySzgIa9vVqdhqCSHTPiA.jpg

So now I only got like 5-8 images left. Inside the default "Pictures" folder i now have this folder called "Feedback" that is full of random string folders. Note that some of them do have some remaining pictures that i managed to "scavenge".

Am I being subject to a encryption virus or is it a bug? Maybe I used the wrong program?

This is the folder in question.

submitted by /u/sabinlord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sabinlord, Apr 8, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 8, 2020
  4. WojtasRed Win User

90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of...

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of...

1. 90% of my images folder disappeared overnight and now I have a "Feedback" folder full of... - Similar Threads - 90% images folder

2. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  3. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  4. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  5. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  6. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  7. folder disappeared now have running actions etc

folder disappeared now have running actions etc: I had 2 different folders disappear off my desktop went into my C drive and found then, dragged them to desktop. Once they were on desktop I had this come up [ATTACH] Now I have this on my screen it says. Not sure what is going on here Can someone help please [ATTACH]...
  8. The yellow folder icons have disappeared

The yellow folder icons have disappeared: This is driving us mad and we can't get help from any crappy online auto answers. When you go into a documents file, all the yellow icons for indivual folders have disappeared. Please can anyone help?...
  9. All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?

All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?: So earlier I was trying to move my desktop folder to my D:/ because it has more space on it than my c:/ but when I did that, all the folders disappeared. I switched it back to C and it's quite obvious that they haven't been deleted because the files in those folders add up...
  10. Folder disappeared

Folder disappeared: A folder I was working on suddenly disappeared. Please help how I would prevent this from happening, and how I recover it. Before it's asked, as I have seen many Microsoft personnel ask in response to this exact question, the file is not hidden. It has disappeared. I cannot...