Windows 10: 90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed.

Discus and support 90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey Folks, Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue. I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cyneptic, May 24, 2018.

1. Cyneptic Win User

90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed.

Hey Folks,

Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue.
    I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory locked at 99% all the time is making my content unwatchable.
    I've tried to find fixes for Win 10 mem leak but all the forum threads are 2-3 years old!
    Nothing I've tried has worked, I'm posting here as a last resort!
    Any suggestions guys?
    It's got to be Mem leak as my processes don't add up to 1GB of usage let along 15.9GB....
    Please send help folks, desperate!
    A windows 10 re-install is a last resort but will do it if needed.
    Thanks!

90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed. [​IMG]

:)

Cyneptic, May 24, 2018

2. high ram usage windows 10 while gaming

Hi Abhay,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to inform that usually when you are trying to play games RAM usage will be high.

To see if any other Third party software are accessing high usage of RAM, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2018
  3. Urgently need help!

Hi,

I suggest you to boot to clean boot mode of your computer and check if you face this issue. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This
    kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue. Check the issue and if you still face the same problem, follow the steps listed below.

Let us know the status of the issue.

PranavMishra5582, May 24, 2018
Thema:

90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed.

1. 90% + RAM Usage on boot up after April update. Urgent help needed. - Similar Threads - 90% RAM Usage

2. Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.: When I try log into windows the logo pops up as usual but afterwards I get a werfault.exe message reading: the instruction at 0x00007ffa5f8d6266 referenced memory at 0x00007ffa4fv3c2ec. the required data was not placed into memory because of an i/o error status of 0xc000009c....
  3. Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.: When I try log into windows the logo pops up as usual but afterwards I get a werfault.exe message reading: the instruction at 0x00007ffa5f8d6266 referenced memory at 0x00007ffa4fv3c2ec. the required data was not placed into memory because of an i/o error status of 0xc000009c....
  4. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  5. need help with 20% ram usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    need help with 20% ram usage: hello so i have this problem and ive tried to fix it with ccleaner or advancedsystemcare but it didnt worked i need your help pls. [img] 168188
  6. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  7. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  8. 90% + RAM Usage on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    90% + RAM Usage on boot: Hey Folks, Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue. I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory locked at 99% all the time is making my content unwatchable. I've tried to find fixes for Win 10 mem leak but all the forum...
  9. Windows Update Screwed up need help urgently

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Screwed up need help urgently: So i was updating windows and it failed so my pc restarted and now i cant do anything cant lqunch any programs or open the start menu i try restart it via crt alt dlt and it tells me it needs to update so i let it update and then it fails and the same thing happens again plz...
  10. 90% RAM usage while nothing is open

in Windows 10 Support
    90% RAM usage while nothing is open: I just upgraded from windows 7 and I haven't installed any extra programs and I have done a full virus scan with Malwarebytes however windows 10 sits on 90% RAM usage allot of the time, can someone help me please??! screenshot \/ Screenshot -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 90% ram usage on boot