Windows 10: 90% RAM usage while nothing is open

Discus and support 90% RAM usage while nothing is open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from windows 7 and I haven't installed any extra programs and I have done a full virus scan with Malwarebytes however windows 10 sits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enviouz, May 25, 2015.

1. enviouz Win User

90% RAM usage while nothing is open

I just upgraded from windows 7 and I haven't installed any extra programs and I have done a full virus scan with Malwarebytes however windows 10 sits on 90% RAM usage allot of the time, can someone help me please??!

screenshot \/
    Screenshot - 0485e53f80e374f769a087ea6a2c6a0b - Gyazo

:)

enviouz, May 25, 2015

2. Memory Usage High (Up to 90%) after a couple of hours

For some reason recently, I've been seeing my ram usage go all the up to the mid 90% within either 1-2 hours, even when I've been having the same programs open (usually chrome and firefox), haven't installed anything new since the incident. So I don't understand
    why my memory usage has been going up so high (40 to 90) I have an i7 4770k and 16 gigs of ram.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

fuzmaximus, May 25, 2015
  3. Booklet 3g

wow...i installed the beta 4 version of the eboostr.com software and while i am still running at 90+% of ram usage, i have noticed a difference in the speed of the booklet.

the beta is over on 12/1/09, so there is not a price for it yet, but so far (10 minutes into it) it does have an effect that is noticable, regardless of the same ram usage by programs.

btw, it maxed partitioned 4900mb on the sd card and would not allow for more.

ceroberts75, May 25, 2015
  4. enviouz Win User

dont worry guys I fixed it, turns out It had something to do with a nvidia and memory pool leak in my ram or something

enviouz, May 25, 2015
  5. The site you posted gave me an alert on Malwarebytes, so...

fracking4oil, May 25, 2015
  6. enviouz Win User
    Probelm on your end, I'm running malwarebytes premium and I know nobody else that has that problem

enviouz, May 25, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    I think what he meant was that Malwarebytes alerted him about the site you linked to. He probably clicked on it and Malwarebytes said, "I wouldn't do that if I were you!"

Wynona, May 25, 2015
  8. 90% RAM usage while nothing is open

Yup, this...

fracking4oil, May 26, 2015
  9. batlhilz Win User
    check if you have process called bcastdvr.exe running on - thats a problem that i had on 10122. it gave critical errors at worst and crashed the computer - it started with a HUGE fps drops for few seconds and it was usually third or 4th time it crashed the whole computer.

batlhilz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 90% RAM usage while nothing is open - Similar Threads - 90% RAM usage

2. High RAM usage by nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  3. High RAM usage by nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  4. High RAM usage, nothing open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage, nothing open.: This has been a problem since I first had the computer, Task Manager reports 25%ish memory usage even when I close almost all background apps. It's becoming a problem because I need to use more RAM but 1/4 of it is just being lost to who knows what. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and...
  5. High RAM usage, nothing open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage, nothing open.: This has been a problem since I first had the computer, Task Manager reports 25%ish memory usage even when I close almost all background apps. It's becoming a problem because I need to use more RAM but 1/4 of it is just being lost to who knows what. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, and...
  6. High RAM usage, nothing open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 80-90% Ram usage on startup/idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80-90% Ram usage on startup/idle: My ram usage used to be from 30-40% on startup and idle all the way to the 80-90% range almost out of nowhere. I have 8 GB of ram. No programs on Task Manager show any high ram usage and this is seriously making me consider just nuking the whole OS and starting clean if I...
  8. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  9. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  10. 90% + RAM Usage on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    90% + RAM Usage on boot: Hey Folks, Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue. I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory locked at 99% all the time is making my content unwatchable. I've tried to find fixes for Win 10 mem leak but all the forum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my ram at 90% with nothing open

2. 90% memory nothing running

3. ram usage with nothing open

4. windows 10 1809 eating up huge amounts of ram when idle ,
  5. 90% memory usage,
  6. memory is at 90% when nothing is open,
  7. windows reinstallation always stuck at 90%\