Windows 10: 91% available (plugged in not charging)

Discus and support 91% available (plugged in not charging) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 91% (PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING) What are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelAlbert3, Nov 20, 2018.

1. 91% available (plugged in not charging)

My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 91% (PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING)

What are my options. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, no luck

:)

MichaelAlbert3, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Graydrake Win User
    My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Nov 22, 2018
  4. KenLabron Win User

91% available (plugged in not charging)

41% available (plugged in not charging)

So on both my and my wife's computers we downloaded windows 10 - since then our batteries are not charging - mine says 41%available (plugged in not charging) have tried various internet fixes but nothing is working - one HP and one Samsung computer -
    suggestions??

KenLabron, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

91% available (plugged in not charging)

1. 91% available (plugged in not charging) - Similar Threads - 91% available plugged

2. 0% available plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    0% available plugged in but not charging: 0% available plugged in but not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-available-plugged-in-but-not-charging/d36e7dcd-f476-45e9-b4ba-e763c5b1a0fb
  3. 0% available plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0% available plugged in but not charging: 0% available plugged in but not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-available-plugged-in-but-not-charging/d36e7dcd-f476-45e9-b4ba-e763c5b1a0fb
  4. 0% available plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging: why my pc battery is not charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-charging-themy-pcit-is-showing-1/904a4ddb-3b80-4dc3-ab68-d440e8448dcc
  6. while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while charging themy pc,it is showing 1% available,plugged in,not charging: why my pc battery is not charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-charging-themy-pcit-is-showing-1/904a4ddb-3b80-4dc3-ab68-d440e8448dcc
  7. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in, not charging: My laptop is asus rog strix gl-503 bought before 3 months ago FOR THAT I ALREADY DONE THIS RESOLUTION : i already uninstalled drivers and updated drivers and windows latest and already rebooted several times and i have non removable battery PLEASE HELP ME...
  8. 95% available (plugged in not charging)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    95% available (plugged in not charging): My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 95% (plugged in not charging) What are my options? I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, no luck...
  9. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  10. 92% available plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    92% available plugged in not charging: My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 92% (PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING) What are my options. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, no luck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 91% available plugged in not charging

2. battery at 91% not charging

3. windows s10 version 1809 91%

4. laptop plugged in and not charging 91%,
  5. plugged in not charging 91%,
  6. 91% available (plugged in not charging)