Windows 10: 950XL Thoughts

Discus and support 950XL Thoughts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I just received my 950XL...I have to say, this thing is quite impressive for a windows phone. I have T-Mobile and it works with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheZeeMan, Dec 2, 2015.

1. TheZeeMan Win User

950XL Thoughts

Hey everyone,

I just received my 950XL...I have to say, this thing is quite impressive for a windows phone. I have T-Mobile and it works with no issues. It does require a nano sim which means your normal SIM card, has this outline around it...you pop off the thin trim around it and voila, you have a nano sim. I am not sure about other carriers SIM cards but T-Mobile works just fine. I don't actually have any issues with mine, it worked right out of the box when I went through the setup. I also connected it to wifi, and you can make calls over WiFi without an app, so I'm not sure why people are saying otherwise...

I also purchased a screen protector for it and that works with no issues either (I went with the Mr. Shield brand) but I have heard others losing the sensitivity from them. The only gripe I have at the moment is there isn't any really good cases for it, I purchased some cheapo off Amazon and it's mediocre. I wouldn't mind an Otterbox or something good for it. But other than that, I wanted to give my thoughts on this phone. Thanks!

:)

TheZeeMan, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 2, 2015
  3. the phone app keeps closing after 5 seconds

950xl yes tried hard reset...replaced phone and tried not restoring from an old phone.

any thoughts

thanks

ll

please_help_LL, Dec 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

950XL Thoughts

Tnx for sharing. I'm contemplating getting one as soon as here (Serbia) some of mobile telephony providers get to sell them thru their services because it's on expensive side and I have to change provider anyway. All the providers have 640xl as newest available one.

CountMike, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

950XL Thoughts

1. 950XL Thoughts - Similar Threads - 950XL Thoughts

2. I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Did something that I thought would help and now I need help getting rid of it.: (I'm running on Win 10 btw) Alright, so I am a frequent charger and my laptop asked me if I wanted to limit my charging to 60%, to which I said yes as it would keep my battery life long. And that worked for me until it came to travel. I now regret my decision and want to...
  3. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...: Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes...
  4. USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.: USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus. I reinstalled WIndows 10 and theUSE wired mouse has stopped working, every thing else is good. The mouse works fine on another laptop????...
  5. LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE: Please is there a general Bitlocker recovery key to unlock Lumia 950xl dual. Please anyone to assist with this info please. I got this message on my screen while trying to reset my phone. I cant reset phone or use it again....
  6. Microsoft Lumia 950XL .. white color bright light appears on the screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Lumia 950XL .. white color bright light appears on the screen: Hi! I'm facing the problem with this phone have appears a very bright light(white) on the left side screen while i charging it.. i just bought it few months ago by online (shipped from north korea,(made in Vietnam)no warranty)��i never been let it drop yet.. still new.. so,...
  7. how long will MS support 950XL? "Windows 10 mobile"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long will MS support 950XL? "Windows 10 mobile": MR GATES, PLEASE TELL ME, how long will MS support 950XL? "Windows 10 mobile". It seems an Update may eventually render my device unusable and I have no option to even turn off updates. It is really scary to give anyone that much power over me. I reset a new phone I...
  8. Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory: Microsoft is offering U.S. and Canadian users a limited-time sale on its Lumia 950/950 XL phones that may help the company get rid of excess inventory. From April 25 through May 1 -- or "while supplies last" -- users can purchase an unlocked Lumia 950 XL from the Microsoft...
  9. Trade in your Lumia 920, 925, or 1020 for $150 off 950 or 950XL

in Windows 10 News
    Trade in your Lumia 920, 925, or 1020 for $150 off 950 or 950XL: Get $150 toward a Lumia 950 or 950 XL when you trade in your Lumia 920, 925, or 1020. Valid from April 12, 2016 until June 30, 2016.  Available on Microsoft online store in the United States (including Puerto Rico) only and Canada. Exclusions may apply. To receive full...
  10. Microsoft investigates blocked Windows 10 Mobile updates for 950 950XL

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft investigates blocked Windows 10 Mobile updates for 950 950XL: Despite a new update to Windows 10 Mobile being deployed to non-Insiders only a few hours ago, there have been reports that not all Lumia 950 series handsets are able to see it. According to a thread over on Microsoft Answers, an undetermined percentage of Insiders have...