Windows 10: 9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs

Discus and support 9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I've posted this in this section rather than the VM one since I'm not sure if it's a generic Windows 9879 problem or a VMware one. Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 14, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs

Hi there

I've posted this in this section rather than the VM one since I'm not sure if it's a generic Windows 9879 problem or a VMware one.

Using a Microsoft mouse (so they SHOULD have drivers for it !!!!) - after doing the latest updates I had to re-install VMWARE TOOLS in WKS 11.

System hangs (INCLUDING THE HOST !!! running Windows 8.1) when Mouse driver fails to install. Had to re-boot THE HOST !!!. (Incidentally exactly the same problem happened on a Linux host so IMO it's definitely some sort of Windows USB problem)

In all the years of using VMWARE I can't say I've ever had a problem with a USB driver -- at least not for things like mice -a USB2 driver surely must be one of the most bog standard things there is.

previous version of W10 --OK --- there seems to be a bit wrong with the latest build -- not sure what's happening but is it one step forward and two backwards (or Back to Square "-Z").

9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 14, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Dec 14, 2014
  3. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Good to see the Build Number on the download page. That, in itself, is an improvement.

Now to see if 9879 will install over updated 9860. It failed on 11/25/14.

Rocket_Scientist, Dec 14, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

I found 9879 broke VirtualBox guest additions (previous versions also worked) so it could be a general guest additions / version issue.

I am therefore running the VM headless and connecting with remote desktop. You could try that.

adamf, Dec 14, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Kari's suggestion of using HYPER-V works (Thanks Kari) but I also want to run the VM on Linux too -- VMware usually works fine on LINUX Hosts as well as WINDOWS. I'll see what happens after the next lot of 9879 updates -- probably the best way is to run on a REAL machine, update it and then convert to a VM with the P2V conversion tool from VMware which usually works.

Not running VMware tools gives a poor mouse response and you don't get 3D / hardware acceleration in the graphics plus you lose some resolution on nice big monitors --you really need the SVGA 3D graphics driver (VMware tools).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 9879 update - Muuse driver won't install and system hangs - Similar Threads - 9879 update Muuse

2. Windows System update won't update driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System update won't update driver: Windows System update keeps trying to install 'Intel Corporation - Display - 26.20.100.7463' but afterwards, I am prompted with a message saying 'A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.' I even updated...
  3. system hangs at approx 75% of install with feathers update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system hangs at approx 75% of install with feathers update: Have a continuing issue with large feature updates for Win10. System hangs at 75% and the only way past it is to completely shut down to gain access. Also, for some reason there is no longer update history shown for more than one attempt to look so no way to know if the...
  4. Scans and driver updates hanging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scans and driver updates hanging: Starting yesterday morning roughly my computer has gone on the fritz for whatever reason, I am uncertain what is happening but it started with my Intel network adapter not working, Intel I219-V it no longer has a connection and I have been fighting with it to troubleshoot. My...
  5. Update Drivers hangs with "Installing drivers..." phase.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Drivers hangs with "Installing drivers..." phase.: I was trying to update display adapter driver(AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics). It am at a point where "Update Drivers" dialog shows "Installing drivers..." message along with a progress indicator continuously moving. It's been at this point for the last 3 hours, and I have no...
  6. Drivers Won't Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers Won't Install: Windows was taking 2 hours to start up and my computer wouldn't fully shutdown without a hard shutdown, and after running an antivirus I trust it still wasn't fixed. Because of this I decided to reformat my SSD and perform a clean install of Windows 10. After installing I was...
  7. installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang: Hello i'm coming here from AMD forums and going to repost my problem here as someone suggested, maybe you have come up against similar trouble. I have since updated my motherboard drivers but it didn't change overall situation. I'm having problems installing/uninstalling...
  8. System Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hangs: I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs...
  9. Installing 9879 did not pick up installed software

Installing 9879 did not pick up installed software: I just installed Window 10 build 9879 on my Win 8.1 laptop. Things seemed to go well except that the programs in Program Files (X86) and Program Files in the 8.1 folders did not appear in their 9879 folders. Missing were all of Office 2010 programs as well as Quicken. The...
  10. Tiles not working after 9879 update

Tiles not working after 9879 update: All installed software works & using the Start8 Menu, I can access all the usual Window locations, but none of the tiles (with the exception of Internet Explorer) work; with some there's an error message to basically say the the file isn't at the location. All coloured...