Windows 10: 99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...

Discus and support 99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Screenshots: http://prntscr.com/r6ocmw http://prntscr.com/r6ocso Please help submitted by /u/D-Daniel [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/D-Daniel, Feb 23, 2020.

1. 99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...

/u/D-Daniel, Feb 23, 2020
  2. xMagicxs Win User

Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary things. I'm wondering, is this seriously happening? Are live chat agents just bunch of kids doing random
    troubleshooting steps. I need help, please.

Here is the deal, I've switched to win10 from 7 about a couple months ago and every now and then I notice stutter after a couple of days during gaming it was very transparent. Today it really hit me and I'm drawing the line that something needs to be done.

When system is booted, everything is fine. But when I put it to sleep and use it and sleep, and about 3 to 5 days go by doing this. I will notice stuttering.

Today it was extremely bad and I saw it showed 99% memory usage. But I didn't put the PC to sleep last night. I just left it on.

I could barely use the PC, pressing windows start icon and it wouldn't even open for about a whole minute. It was that bad.

Surely I could restart and everything would be working fine, but I can't always do that. I leave things open such as chrome tabs (usually about 10).

After about 15 minutes the memory usage went down to about 35%. I can't figure out how it fixed itself.

What on earth caused the system to be using 99% memory and why did it return to normal.... This was really frustrating because of having to go to work and needing to use the PC quickly before I head out was important. I've never experienced this issue with
    win 7 even when leaving the PC on 24/7 for months.

I would like some proper way to find the culprit and this person I'm having live chat is suggesting I disable everything that's not Microsoft during boot. How will this help when at boot it's working it's best. And I don't have unnecessary things running
    otherwise I would disable them.

Win 64 2019. All the latest updates

16GB ram

nvme SSD 660p

1070 GTX

xMagicxs, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is... [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is... [​IMG]

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

Fortitude, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...

1. 99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is... - Similar Threads - 99% Memory usage

2. 99% , 100% Memory usage , when nothing major running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    99% , 100% Memory usage , when nothing major running: from time to time, this memory issue happened. can only fixed by restart the PC which is super annoying. want to know what is the causing this issue cannot even see which service is using the memory......
  3. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New and interests on 99% Memory usage: Hi I have problem with my memory usage, sometime the news and interests memory usage jump to 99% memory usage someone knows about ways to fix it? I have 32 GB ramtnx for helping...
  4. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and interests on 99% Memory usage: Hi I have problem with my memory usage, sometime the news and interests memory usage jump to 99% memory usage someone knows about ways to fix it? I have 32 GB ramtnx for helping...
  5. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 3gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  7. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.: So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen. submitted by /u/chuckdankst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwewhv/dwm_higher_than_3gb_memory_usage/
  8. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???: Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also...
  9. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

in Windows 10 Support
    In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???: Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also...
  10. Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager: I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary things. I'm wondering, is this seriously happening? Are live chat agents just bunch of kids doing random troubleshooting steps....