Windows 10: $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

Discus and support $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 3 year old Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, about 6 months ago I purchased the $99 Pro upgrade and now the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KHarris484, Nov 5, 2018.

1. $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

I have a 3 year old Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, about 6 months ago I purchased the $99 Pro upgrade and now the laptop has died. I believe the digital license is tied to my microsoft account. Can I install Win10 Pro on my new laptop (with Win10 Home OEM) and activate using my microsoft account?

:)

KHarris484, Nov 5, 2018

2. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Nov 5, 2018
  3. new computer, want to transfer win10 pro upgrade license

I bought a new computer which came with windows 10 home to replace an old computer that came with windows 7 home which was upgraded to windows 7 pro and then the free upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I would like to transfer the win 10 pro license from old computer to upgrade new computer from win10 home to win10 pro. And then wipe old hard drive. Is this possible?

WilliamMann, Nov 5, 2018
  4. $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

$99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

1. $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible? - Similar Threads - $99 Win10 Pro

2. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  3. 7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?: Hello all! Hopefully last post/question before I actually get my new 10 system up and running (Monday!). This just dawned on me right now. My computer that is on the verge of death, and being replaced is Win7 Pro (x64). The system I've purchased to replace it comes...
  4. Transfer Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 Pro: I have bought the 199USD Win10 Pro license. I was told if i get this more expensive license i could transfer the OS and isntall to another PC. This is what i want to do now. How can i remove the license from my current PC and set it to Win10 HOME again and transfer to...
  5. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  6. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  7. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...
  8. MS Money 99 and Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money 99 and Win10: Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it did, easily, without any changes...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Upgrading to Win10 Pro: I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very much. 36545

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $99 Win 7 pro to win 10 upgrade