Windows 10: 9am, time to wake up

Discus and support 9am, time to wake up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, Second desktop build with w10, second occurrence of this problem: when put to sleep the day prior, it wakes up by itself at 9 am every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Py-rrhus, Feb 19, 2021.

1. 9am, time to wake up

Hello there,

Second desktop build with w10, second occurrence of this problem: when put to sleep the day prior, it wakes up by itself at 9 am every morning for several minutes then go back to sleep.

This doesn't happen with the laptops.

Why is that? And how to prevent it?

Cheers

submitted by /u/Py-rrhus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Py-rrhus, Feb 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Waking self up at random times in morning with Wake Source: Unknown

After installing Windows 10, my computer started waking it self up at random times between 7am and 9am. I check the power troubleshooter in the even log and it is just coming up with Wake Source: Unknown.

When I run "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" the only thing coming up is the keyboard. I disabled wakeup on lan and have turned off wake timers. I did have this problem for on windows 8.1.

I tried suggestions from similar topics with no luck. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

JacobLouis, Feb 19, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2021
  4. 9am, time to wake up

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

9am, time to wake up

1. 9am, time to wake up - Similar Threads - 9am wake

2. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  4. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  5. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  6. How can I view full 9am-5pm day without having to scroll?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view full 9am-5pm day without having to scroll?: In Outlook calendar, I need to see whole 9am-5pm day without having to scroll down. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-full-9am-5pm-day-without-having-to/5f58aa05-6a71-4001-9825-e5f7d370dbfa
  7. How can I view full 9am-5pm day without having to scroll?

How can I view full 9am-5pm day without having to scroll?: In Outlook calendar, I need to see whole 9am-5pm day without having to scroll down. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-full-9am-5pm-day-without-having-to/5f58aa05-6a71-4001-9825-e5f7d370dbfa
  8. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU is out starting today at 9AM PST

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU is out starting today at 9AM PST: The GeForce RTX 3060 is out today starting at 9 a.m. pacific time. With 10x the ray tracing performance of the GeForce GTX 1060, and double the rasterized performance, the new GeForce RTX 3060 offers previous-gen gamers a massive upgrade that’ll get them playing...
  9. Auto-start computer at 9am daily - best approach?

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-start computer at 9am daily - best approach?: I'd like to shut down my computer and have it start back up each morning at 9am. I've never used the Sleep or Hibernate modes, so I'm not sure if that would be good or to use an AC switch the turns the power on at 9am. What's the best approach? 167088
  10. Only receiving notifications after 9am

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only receiving notifications after 9am: Certain apps, but most consistently a game (Asphalt 9) will only send notifications after 9am and i can't for the life of me figure out why. Within the game itself notifications are turned on but there is no where that you can set a time. Focus assist is turned off. The...