Windows 10: 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????

Discus and support 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11???? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I did the windows compatibility test on my PC which has Skylake i7-6700 9th generation processor but Microsoft says it's not compatible. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bosh0124, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Bosh0124 Win User

9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????

Hi,I did the windows compatibility test on my PC which has Skylake i7-6700 9th generation processor but Microsoft says it's not compatible. I thought it support 8th generation and higher?I also hear that no more processors are being added to the list?I'm not going to buy a new processor to run windows 11, what are my options? and why is my processor not on the list?

:)

Bosh0124, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Win 11 compatibility

You do not need to reply to me. You can post in this thread to get the benefit of everybody's wisdom. Such as that of Bree who has also read the Windows 11 section of Windows Processor Requirements - MSDocs and has identified that your CPU is not listed there.

9th Generation not compatible with windows 11???? [​IMG]

9th Generation not compatible with windows 11???? [​IMG]

Denis

3. btarunr Win User
    3DMark 11 v1.0.4 Released, Now Fully Compatible with Windows 8

Futuremark updated 3DMark 11 to version 1.0.4, which makes the benchmark fully compatible with Windows 8. The update also addresses other compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.

9th Generation not compatible with windows 11???? 3dmark11_key_art_horizontal_logo_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: 3DMark 11 v1.0.4
    Improvements:
    • Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
    • 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
    • GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
    • 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
    • The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
    Compatibility:
    • SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
    • Updated DirectX redistributable.
    • Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
    • Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
    • Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
    • The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
    Professional Edition Only:
    • Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
    • Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.

btarunr, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Win 11 compatibility

gabriël,

I suggest that, after Windows 11 is released, you keep an eye on ElevenForum for compatibility issues such as workarounds.

Denis

Thema:

1. 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11???? - Similar Threads - 9th Generation compatible

2. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!...
  3. When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors?: When will Win 11 be compatible with 5th generation Intel processors? My older laptop still works well and was expensive when i bought it. Thanks!...
  4. 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????: Hi,I did the windows compatibility test on my PC which has Skylake i7-6700 9th generation processor but Microsoft says it's not compatible. I thought it support 8th generation and higher?I also hear that no more processors are being added to the list?I'm not going to buy a...
  5. Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop: I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop which came with pre-installed Windows 7. However recently the OS got corrupted and I had no other choice than to reinstall it. I misplaced the CD though I have my activation key but couldn't get the Windows 7 download and hence has resorted...
  6. Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop

Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop: I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop which came with pre-installed Windows 7. However recently the OS got corrupted and I had no other choice than to reinstall it. I misplaced the CD though I have my activation key but couldn't get the Windows 7 download and hence has resorted...
  7. Windows 11 Not Compatible

Windows 11 Not Compatible: i already check on PC health check that my PC is compatible with windows 11 after i enabled the AMD TPM on BIOS but in windows update say that my PC is not compatible. how to solve this?...
  8. Windows 11 Compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Compatibility: The PC health check app says my CPU isn't supported but the windows update tab in the settings says my laptop is compatible and the Windows 11 installer also says my laptop is compatible. So who should I believe?...
  9. Windows 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility: Hi,I installed pc health checker to see if my pc is ready to upgrade and it says I meet all the criteria.but when i go to window settings it says i do not meet the requirements, will i still be able to get windows 11 even though the settings say different to the pc health...
  10. HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required: I am planning to buy this new HP laptop for my younger brother who makes travel videos for his youtube channel. He often shoots videos at 60 frames per second at 1080 resolution. Although he is still in college. Therefore his daily video editing sessions do not last longer...