Windows 10: '_' keeps blinking after booting

Discus and support '_' keeps blinking after booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a lenovo pc , with windows 10 , I started. My pc today , after starting Pc it shows Lenovo logo then "_" Keeps blinking, before that when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XR7, May 28, 2021.

1. XR7
    XR7 Win User

'_' keeps blinking after booting

I'm using a lenovo pc , with windows 10 , I started. My pc today , after starting Pc it shows Lenovo logo then "_" Keeps blinking, before that when my pc was good it kept giving me warning ' your windows is expiring soon' does that happened because of this or. My siblings installed some sort of virus on it, I have no idea what to do, hope you will help

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 28, 2021
  3. RajithR Win User
    Taskbar and icons keeps blinking

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To get into Safe Mode, follow these steps:

a. From the sign-in screen, press Shift + press the power button and click on Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.

b. Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
    Safe Mode or Enable Low-resolution Mode.

Check if you are able to work with the work through all the settings.

Try upgrading the display drivers from Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters from manufacturer's website.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R key from the Desktop.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

RajithR, May 28, 2021
  4. '_' keeps blinking after booting

My desktop screen keeps flashing/blinking after I updated to windows 10

Hi,

If the screen keeps flickering or blinking after signing in, then I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:

The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn’t open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:

The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • If dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    [*]Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 28, 2021
Thema:

'_' keeps blinking after booting

1. '_' keeps blinking after booting - Similar Threads - '_' keeps blinking

2. Screen keeps blinking no Taskbar after bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen keeps blinking no Taskbar after bootup: Windows 10 , after bootup,screen just blinks and no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-blinking-no-taskbar-after-bootup/e7659e73-c44d-4051-83ba-fbdbb635b758
  3. Screen keeps blinking no Taskbar after bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen keeps blinking no Taskbar after bootup: Windows 10 , after bootup,screen just blinks and no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-blinking-no-taskbar-after-bootup/e7659e73-c44d-4051-83ba-fbdbb635b758
  4. Screen keeps blinking no Taskbar after bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Setting keeps in blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting keeps in blinking: Even I dont open settings the app will blink no matter what I open. For example, I'm working with word the settings app will open or even I'm just using browser, the settings app will open as well. It will blink and you cant close it. I tried to reset the app however it is...
  6. Setting keeps in blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting keeps in blinking: Even I dont open settings the app will blink no matter what I open. For example, I'm working with word the settings app will open or even I'm just using browser, the settings app will open as well. It will blink and you cant close it. I tried to reset the app however it is...
  7. Setting keeps in blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows keeps blinking-

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows keeps blinking-: When i boot into windows it starts blinking i cant open file explorer or cmd i can get to safe mode screen and access cmd from there. It seems explorer.exe keeps crashing over and over but i cant seem to find the problem. it started after adding new fans to my case before...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...