Windows 10: _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.

Discus and support _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to turn this stuff off? I can't believe this is made so hard. I leave my computer on at night, starting a synchronization job on the command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JorisMak, Dec 12, 2020.

1. JorisMak Win User

_Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.

How to turn this stuff off?

I can't believe this is made so hard.

I leave my computer on at night, starting a synchronization job on the command line. When I wake up the next morning Im met with a lockscreen. Once unlocking, the command-line Windows is gone, and my uptime is just a few hours.

Again it has rebooted to install some update, killing ongoing work.

How to turn this off? So many times now batch photo exports, video encodes, internet uploads.. have been aborted for a reboot without warning or a choice.

:)

JorisMak, Dec 12, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Dec 12, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 12, 2020
  4. _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.

Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

_Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.

1. _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update. - Similar Threads - _Again_ ruined ongoing

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto restarts-

Auto restarts-: During various games my computer automatically shuts down and restarts. Most frustrating. How do I fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-restarts/497c5868-a3f6-45b9-87ec-e6759a941f68
  6. Auto restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto restart?: I don't mean just a scheduled restart, but a scheduled restart that, when finished, goes straight to the desktop. Do I need to create a new user without a password or something else? submitted by /u/Ju1c3_ [link] [comments]...
  7. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  8. Windows Updates auto restart

Windows Updates auto restart: I have a windows 10 machine running windows server 2016 essentials. I have a update that is pending restart outside active hours. I want to deactivate this and only restart when I tell it too. Can you help me with the settings I need to change....
  9. auto restart process

in Windows 10 Support
    auto restart process: my problem is that every time my laptop wakes up from sleep my fan control software resets its parameters to default, i need to kill the process and restart it and it will go back to normal. as i see it i need a batch file to auto run every 5 mins or ideally every time the...
  10. Auto-kill a process

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-kill a process: Is there a way to auto-sense that a process has started and automatically kill it, without user intervention? I am aware of Auto-kill any process v.2.2, but that, according to one reviewer, requires user input. Thanks. 27047