Windows 10: *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

Discus and support *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been running into issues with low disk space on my PC's C drive for quite some time, with disk cleanup typically only providing a few extra G of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tricia_DevOps, Apr 24, 2024.

1. *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

I have been running into issues with low disk space on my PC's C drive for quite some time, with disk cleanup typically only providing a few extra G of space for a short time. I periodically run the Windows disk cleanup, system file cleanup, and the StartComponentCleanup option via DISM. The largest consumer of space is the C:\Windows folder, which currently sits at 90G of space. Drilling down into the folder, I found that there are a large number of files named XXXX_NNNN_wusaservice.txt - the sum of the file sizes adds up to 50G of space. Looking into each file, it is a list of the filenames

:)

Tricia_DevOps, Apr 24, 2024
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 24, 2024
  4. GSquadron Win User

*_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

Find a word in a lot txt files

Hi guys!
    Is there a way to find a specific word in a lot of txt files?
    I have like 200 files and it takes me a lot of time to find the word in the files
    I need to find a command inside the txt files as quickly as possible
    Is there a program to find the word inside all of the 200 txt files? *Wtf :wtf:

GSquadron, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

*_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

1. *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space - Similar Threads - *_wusaservice txt files

2. *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space: I have been running into issues with low disk space on my PC's C drive for quite some time, with disk cleanup typically only providing a few extra G of space for a short time. I periodically run the Windows disk cleanup, system file cleanup, and the StartComponentCleanup...
  3. *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *_wusaservice.txt files taking up 50G space: I have been running into issues with low disk space on my PC's C drive for quite some time, with disk cleanup typically only providing a few extra G of space for a short time. I periodically run the Windows disk cleanup, system file cleanup, and the StartComponentCleanup...
  4. Mysterious files taking up large space in drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious files taking up large space in drive: Hi, I recently found out that one of my drives nearly ran out of storage. I was very surprised because I was very sure that I did not intentionally put many files in the drive. Windows11 tells me that there are 587GB of "Other" files first snapshot below, but when I clicked...
  5. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  6. System Files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  7. Huge file taking up space

Huge file taking up space: Is this file safe to delete? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-file-taking-up-space/0ce72527-8b32-41c1-b280-0d8b45cf4a73
  8. System files taking up a ton of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System files taking up a ton of space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/katkoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hohbdl/system_files_taking_up_a_ton_of_space/
  9. **** is taking up my space

in Windows 10 Customization
    **** is taking up my space: can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it happen here. and if system apps take up a minimum of 65 gigabytes thats disappointing that stuff i dont use takes up that...
  10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...