Windows 10: A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Discus and support A 16 TB Samsung SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Source [img] At the Flash Memory Summit in California, Samsung has unveiled what appears to be the world's largest hard drive—and somewhat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Source

A 16 TB Samsung SSD [​IMG]

Read more at the source.

[youtube]fPQesVVBfQk[/youtube]

:)

2. Most current Windows 10 uodate (Jan 22, 2018)

Dear Xilee,

What I don't understand is when I attempt to update WINDOWS 10 directly via the Internate or when I create a USB to do the same, then, at the end of a lengthy process, I get the message: You Cannot install WINDOWS 10 on a USB drive. My computer is a TOSHIBA
    KIRA with a SAMSUNG 1 TB SSD m.SATA. That is not a USB! However, both the internet and the downloaded (on USB) will install FRESH SSD SAMSUNG 1 TB SSD m.SATA.

I am really snookered!

Best regards,

NabilMorcos, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and Asus problems

Yeah, it came with

Windows 64 bit

16 gb ram

nvidia gtx 960m

128 gb ssd

1 tb hdd

2.6 GHz cpu

CarlJhonson, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Oooooh, Lawdy!

I'll bet it takes more than 1 second to TRIM that one, eh Gary?*Wink

Word Man, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It probably trims itself.

6. Word Man Win User
    And THAT's no doubt a good thing.*Smile

Word Man, Oct 25, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Holy **it !!!!! bet it cost for than 100 bucks too. *Smile Even my old Intel SSD trims itself guys, and that is 3 years old.

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Yes but it is not 16TB's now is it?

9. OldMike65 Win User
    15.36TB so you are being a tad picky on specs....lol

And where did I say it was 16TB bty????

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    I never said you did.*Wink

11. OldMike65 Win User
    I would have no use for an SSD that big, and that expensive. Plus they most likely would not last as long as a regular type hard drive. I just saw a 1TB regular drive on Amazon for 58 bucks, sata6 drive, which makes it fast, was a WD drive. 58 bucks!!! internal.

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    This is not even in production yet, in 10 years this will be a small SSD.

13. OldMike65 Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

I won't care then, I'll be in the "Home" remember.....lol

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    I plan to be in the next room. As long as I have a PC, I do not care where I am. We should have about 17.000 posts by then..*Smile

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Only IF we behave ourselves......lol

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

1. A 16 TB Samsung SSD - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD

2. After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...: Hello Everyone, I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my HDD to my SSD. After the clone, I went in BIOS to alter the boot order to boot from the SSD. This worked perfectly, and remains to. The problem is after unplugging the old HDD I cannot boot and get a BSOD. Specifically...
  3. Windows 10 does not detect my Samsung SSD 980 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not detect my Samsung SSD 980 Pro: I installed new Samsung SSD 980 Pro in my computer. The device is visible in BIOS but my Windows 10 20H2 does not detect it. I am booting my OS from the old drive. I can't find 980 in the Device Manager nor in the Create and format hard disk partitions tool. Do I have to...
  4. Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?: Hello Everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I don't see Samsung NVME driver in my Device Manager. I read online that the Samsung NVME driver is necessary to boost the...
  5. New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available: Samsung Electronics America, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced the 980 NVMe SSD[1], the company’s first consumer drive without DRAM. Delivering the highest performance among DRAM-less SSDs[2], the new 980 makes blazing NVMe speeds more...
  6. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  7. Clone C: 860 SSD to new 970 NMVe using samsung migration tool.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone C: 860 SSD to new 970 NMVe using samsung migration tool.: Afternoon all. Windows 10 pro version 20H2. OS Build 19042.804 So I purchased a new Samsung 970 EVO plus NVMe 500GB drive. My intention was to migrate C: to the new 970 for faster speeds. Initially the migration worked in a fashion. I looked in drive manager to see my new 970...
  8. Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD: [img] New 870 EVO is ideal for both general and professional use 38% higher random read performance speeds up everyday computing tasks 30% improved sustained performance further extends SSD endurance Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology,...
  9. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  10. Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working

Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working: hi there, I was doing a very important operation and the Samsung SSD T7 disappeared from the list of devices, it was all going well, Connected to my laptop via usb3 straight to the laptop, i didn't move the cable, was on a table, etc Is it possible to pinpoint what's...