Windows 10: A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Discus and support A 16 TB Samsung SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why wouldn't it as long? It should last decades while a hard drive... I hope you are jesting - SATA-6 won't make a hard drive fast. Hard drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary, Oct 25, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

A hard drive designed for sata 6 is faster than one designed for sata 2. Twice as fast.

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  2. Geneo Win User

I deleted my post because I thought you were jesting. If you aren't, *Eek

Geneo, Oct 25, 2015
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I was not joking...read their spec's yourself....*Wink

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Gary Win User
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    WD Blue hard drives have a multitude of features including third generation SATA interface with 6 GB/s transfer rate, plus rock solid performance and ultra-cool and quiet operation.

A sata 2 drive tranfers at only 3 GB/s THAT is a big difference, and that post you posted Gary was from 2011, 4 years ago, going on 5 now.

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    WD Black drives are faster than Blue drives.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760#Tab3

Current Date

7. OldMike65 Win User
    That is another reason I bought this computer, its all SATA 3 connections. My 2nd computer only has SATA 2 .

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

Mine is SATA II

9. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    I know Gary.....

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Almost the same speeds with USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0 The latter being twice as fast as a USB 2.0. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    Not Quite look at the RPM's

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/produ...px?id=770#Tab3

13. OldMike65 Win User

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok. I give up.....what ever.....lol

OldMike65, Oct 25, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    If you don't think that matters try a WD Green

Thema:

A 16 TB Samsung SSD

1. A 16 TB Samsung SSD - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD

2. Sandisk VS Samsung SSD - Which one is the best?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandisk VS Samsung SSD - Which one is the best?: Sandisk vs Samsung SSD - It is hard to determine the answer which one is the best. I have searched many conversations but unfortunately found no real user usage experience. The post like Sandisk VS Samsung SSD can describe the most beautiful benefits but is that information...
  3. Sandisk VS Samsung SSD - Which one is the best?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk VS Samsung SSD - Which one is the best?: Sandisk vs Samsung SSD - It is hard to determine the answer which one is the best. I have searched many conversations but unfortunately found no real user usage experience. The post like Sandisk VS Samsung SSD can describe the most beautiful benefits but is that information...
  4. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....
  5. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....
  6. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

7. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  8. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  9. After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...: I recently looked into upgrading my Asus Creator Q530VJ Laptops SSD, by making use of the 2nd M.2 PCIe slot that it had. So, I bought a Crucial P3 1TB SSD and plopped it in, device didn't recognize it, nor did it even show up under File Explorer. So I factory reset my laptop,...
  10. After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...

After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...: I recently looked into upgrading my Asus Creator Q530VJ Laptops SSD, by making use of the 2nd M.2 PCIe slot that it had. So, I bought a Crucial P3 1TB SSD and plopped it in, device didn't recognize it, nor did it even show up under File Explorer. So I factory reset my laptop,...