Windows 10: A 20 second delay to select 'New'

Discus and support A 20 second delay to select 'New' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my desktop using Windows 10 Education v.1809 After I right-click to ' open context menu', then move my pointer to 'New', there is a 20 second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeteCursi, Dec 19, 2019.

1. PeteCursi Win User

A 20 second delay to select 'New'

On my desktop using Windows 10 Education v.1809

After I right-click to ' open context menu', then move my pointer to 'New',

there is a 20 second delay to wait until 'Folder' shows in the sub context menu.

This is very abnormal and I need help to fix it.

:)

PeteCursi, Dec 19, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds

After analyzing your boot trace I found this:
    • The Winlogon phase took 126s, most of the delay is caused by loading the keyboard layout driver (89s)!
    • This delay is happening because this driver is not embedded-signed driver.
    • Looking at your drivers, I found that there is this "Canadian French - AltGz-degree_AltGe-zer Keyboard Layout" driver (Layout01.dll). The company name is simply company !

To solve your problem you have to uninstall this program.

Hope this will help.

A 20 second delay to select 'New' [​IMG]

A 20 second delay to select 'New' [​IMG]

zinou, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Few seconds delay on the audio and some quiet popping noise on my new Dell XPS 13

Hi Luis,

Have you tried the suggestions provided by the third party diagnostic tool? What about running the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If you haven't done so, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may
    refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If this does not help, try to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers or see if an updated version of the audio drivers is availble for installation. To reinstall the audio drivers, open Device
    Manager
    , right-click the name of the audio device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and
    Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

To update the drivers, follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager,
      and select it from the list of results.
    2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, see if following the steps below will rectify the problem just like how these steps resolved the same issue faced by other users:

1. Search for Sound in the search bar and select the best match.
    2. Under Playback, right-click on your default device from the list and select
      Properties.
    3. In the Speakers Properties box which opens, switch to the
      Enhancements
      tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box.
    4. Click OK.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 19, 2019
  4. bbinnard Win User

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. A 20 second delay to select 'New' - Similar Threads - second delay select

2. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  3. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  4. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Startup, 20-30 second delay before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Startup, 20-30 second delay before login screen: Background, I just removed an NVideo card from my machine, and reverted to Intel Graphics i7-6700k cpu.After the switch I see the system boots fine, I see the Window pane graphic and the rotating circle, then the screen flashes and goes light gray for 20-30 seconds... and...
  6. Delayed startup of second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Delayed startup of second monitor: This is a weird one I think. My PC is setup to run with two monitors - a BenQ PD2700U and Samsung Syncmaster 2693HM. Until recently both started up at the same time. For the last couple of weeks the Samsung one doesn't start up till about 2 hours after the BenQ. I have...
  7. Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.: I have this keyboard on the laptop that does not respect selective suspend keeping the cpu at high power usage all the time. I've found a way to force the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use, but when it chooses to go from awake to sleep, it has a half a second or so of...
  8. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  9. new folder delay 30 seconds

new folder delay 30 seconds: When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10. Thanks for any...
  10. delay / lag every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...