Windows 10: A 3000M partition shows 1.9TB in File Explorer

Discus and support A 3000M partition shows 1.9TB in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The volume (V:) is formatted as Fat32. Maximum Fat32 volume size is 2 TB. To regain all of the volume space, format as NTFS, or split into 2TB and 1TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antilope, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Antilope Win User

A 3000M partition shows 1.9TB in File Explorer

The volume (VA 3000M partition shows 1.9TB in File Explorer :) is formatted as Fat32. Maximum Fat32 volume size is 2 TB. To regain all of the volume space, format as NTFS, or split into 2TB and 1TB Fat32 volumes.

:)

Antilope, Sep 6, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 6, 2015
  3. ROBERT530 Win User
    windows 10 file explorer duplicated my partitions i have 2 sets of every partition

i used computer management to re-assign drive letters to re-arrange all my partitions in file explorer

now under this pc i have all my drive letters correct the way i want them when i go into file explorer

it has duplicated all my partitions made 2 sets of all my partitions the correct set of partitions is under

this pc but file explorer still lists the old set of partitions

how do i get rid of the old set of partitions in file explorer

computer management shows the correct set of partitions that is under this pc

but in file explorer it shows 2 sets of partitions

how do i get rid of the old set of partitions

ROBERT530, Sep 6, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

MBR disk type can only have ~2TB max. You need to initialize the disk as GPT Type.
    Open Admin Command Prompt and type:
    • diskpart
    • select disk 2
    • clean
    • exit
    • exit
    Next, Win+X -> Disk Management and right click on Disk 2 ->Initialize and select GPT
    Format it with NTFS then you'll have all 3TB available.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. A 3000M partition shows 1.9TB in File Explorer - Similar Threads - 3000M partition shows

2. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  3. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  4. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!

hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!: i installed windows 10 from a usb flash drive and when i was asked where to install windows 10, i selected my ssd and i also deleted a hard drive partition by mistake. it was of 198 gb. now it is not showing in file explorer. i also assigned a new letter to it, it did show...
  6. EFI partition showing in Explorer

EFI partition showing in Explorer: I cloned my system onto a new drive. No problems except a small one. The system reserved EFI partition appears in Explorer as J: I have used Diskpart to remove the drive assignment. This works fine until the next boot when it re-appears. Any ideas on how to make this...
  7. Search file explorer for "(1)"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search file explorer for "(1)": Trying to search for duplicates in file explorer that have a number in parentheses. If I put into the search now it returns anything with the number and it ignores the parentheses submitted by /u/john_the_idiot [link] [comments]...
  8. Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer

Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer: I installed Windows 10 Pro from scratch on an existing PC. I have 5 internal hard drives with partitions and data on each. I see the drives on "Disk Management", they show as being Online, but there are no drive letters assigned. Therefore, they're not showing up in File...
  9. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  10. Showing System Reserved Partition in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Showing System Reserved Partition in File Explorer?: Hi For some reason Windows 10 is showing the System Reserved partition from Windows 8 in the File Explorer window. It never did this before. See Drive D:\ [img] [img] [img] Can anyone tell me how to make it invisible. Mike 2067