Windows 10: A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security

Discus and support A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently my friends tried to get a rat on my laptop and i managed to stop them in the middle of it, the only problem is my windows security options... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Blazian, May 20, 2020.

1. Blazian Win User

A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security

Recently my friends tried to get a rat on my laptop and i managed to stop them in the middle of it, the only problem is my windows security options like real time protection are grayed out. The .BAT file ran this code (@Echo off
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "1" /f) I deleted the windows defender folder in registry editor but nothing changed, is there a way to fix this or am i screwed? I also tried to restore default windows firewall settings but it wouldn't let me click that either. Sometimes the windows security page doesn't even show up. I have OOSU10 but all the windows defender settings are off and ive restarted multiple times.
    A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security [​IMG]

:)

Blazian, May 20, 2020

2. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security - Similar Threads - BAT file was

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?: So I wanted to test a software for a minute and then turn them back on but apparently the bat file is one way; it only disables the services. The services are all greyed out now and can't be enabled windefender, windows update, etc. Here is the batch...
  4. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  6. Windows Security removes .bat files because it's insecure

Windows Security removes .bat files because it's insecure: Everytime I try to download a .bat file from Chrome and open it, it instantly removes it. I didn't have this problem for about 1-2 days. I've turned off Reputation-based control. I have no antivirus except Windows Security. Windows 10 x64...
  7. Windows .bat File

Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...
  8. Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.: How to format a .bat file to open a desktop icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-windows-10-bat-file/a40662a9-5b4d-42c5-89b5-744df6a64734
  9. Ran a .BAT file that made my internet not work

Ran a .BAT file that made my internet not work: I ran this code as admin and my internet doesn't work anymore. How do i remove or revert everything I did? Please help, thanks Code: @echo off IF NOT "%CHANGEME%"=="1" ( powershell New-NetQosPolicy -Name "CHANGEME" -Default -ThrottleRateActionBitsPerSecond 8 -PolicyStore...
  10. No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?: I have a folder from Win7 that was .bat locked that is now open & no longer able to be lock after a Win10 clean install. I thought I heard that .bat was only available in the Pro version. Wouldn't seem worth $99.00 to go Pro just for that. So, no .bat files for Windows 10...