Windows 10: A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization

Discus and support A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to create a batch script that searches through the computer for desktop.ini files, and deletes the line LocalizedResourceName=.*, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Artemis, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Artemis Win User

A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization

Hi,

I'm trying to create a batch script that searches through the computer for desktop.ini files, and deletes the line LocalizedResourceName=.*, to let Windows explorer show the true folder names instead of the translated ones. (On a non-english system)

I've started from the script written here and I copy-pasted the snippet found here to make the script able to ask for admin permissions on his own.

This is actually the second or third iteration of the script and I still can't get it to work properly; for example, that weird ampersand structure is my attempt to implement a "proceed if success" logic, but apparently it never reaches the echo at the end.

I'd like to build a definitive and "correct" version of the script that performs what described above, I'm looking for suggestion like "you should do that this way instead", or "you see that? that's wrong, do this instead" or "is usually best to do that this way".

I am no batch expert but I'd really like to have a working, "smart", version of this script.

This is the current version:

My post can't contain batch code, even if inside
    Code:

, I get blocked by cloudFlare, here's the gitHub repo

As you can see I've doubled the loops, one for C: or whatever and the second one is hard-coded for D: this is ugly, also I'd like to exclude in an elegant way irrelevant folders like Windows etc, that cause the script to hang on kilometres long paths.

This version has problems reading a lot of the desktop.ini files, and never reaches the (print) ECHO instruction at the end of the ampersand chain.

Here's also a temporary screenshot, made with carbon (which doesn't have batch highlight)

A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization [​IMG]

:)

Artemis, Jul 15, 2019

2. Internet Explorer script error

Hi Diana,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Is this issue is specific to a website or multiple website?
    • Is any toolbar is installed on the browser?
    These webpage script errors are usually it is harmless. However, did you try disabling the warnings? If not, try disabling the warnings and check.

• Open Internet explorer and press Alt + X, click on
      Internet Options and click on Advanced.

• Check "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable script debugging (Other)" and also, uncheck "Display a notification about every script error."
    If that does not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to reset Internet explorer and check. Please follow the below steps

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Click on Advanced tab and click on
      Reset
      button.
    Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

Disclaimer:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 15, 2019
  3. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 15, 2019
  4. A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization

Excessive script errors in Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing. Occasionally a script error can be caused by an error in downloading a webpage, but more often it is an
    error in the webpage itself.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to disable script error notifications and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter to open advanced internet options.

3. Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable
    script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging
    (Other) check boxes.

4. Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click
    OK.

I would also suggest you to refer to the link for more troubleshooting steps regarding this issue:

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization

1. A batch script which disables explorer's folder localization - Similar Threads - batch script disables

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  3. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  4. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  5. PageFile.sys batch script

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    PageFile.sys batch script: Hello, I need help writing a batch script that would configure Windows Virtual Memory based on the amount of RAM installed If you have 4 GB of RAM, set virtual memory to 8 GB (Custom size: set both initial and maximum size to 8192) If you have 8 GB of RAM, set virtual memory...
  6. Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.: Hi all, my laptops touchscreen sometimes decides not to wake up after hibernating, and needs to be disabled and re-enabled through device manager to get it to work. Is there a batch script that I could use to do this, and just store it on the desktop for easy access?...
  7. Batch Rename Script Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch Rename Script Help!: Hello! I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being the number page it is). The code I have is below. It works fine with out the pipe sort command but it sorts the by the ones...
  8. Batch Scripts / Programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Scripts / Programs.: The members and quests who use this forum know how professional, informative and helpful it is! In order to help members solve their problems/issues we often ask them to run certain programs and perform certain tasks and then upload [ post ] the results to the forum for us...
  9. Batch scripting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch scripting problems: So i found a bug. In batch scripting, I can only store 3 variables. I don't know the cause for this. Here's the code, if you need it. @ echo off title Elevator OS by Lackmey on YouTube and Reddit set gdata=No data found (this one works) set 1data=No data found (this one...
  10. Batch script question

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script question: Hello, I want make a batch script to delete a spefic folder on the C disk, but how can I get only that spefic folder? I got this: Code: FOR /D %%p IN ("C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q cd C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\ del *.* /q /s timeout /t 5...