Windows 10: A big thank you

Discus and support A big thank you in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not sure where to put this, hope it's the correct place. For my own reasons I decided I needed a clean install of my Windows 10 (20H2), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmyb, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Jimmyb Win User

A big thank you

Not sure where to put this, hope it's the correct place.

For my own reasons I decided I needed a clean install of my Windows 10 (20H2), and subsequently all my programmes. So my first port of call was this site to read the advice, which i read a number of times, and ensured that I could find the advice via my tablet if required. So I:

1. Downloaded the boot USB.
    2. Found all my programmes and the registration details.
    3. Make copious notes of actions to do.
    4. Backed up both my (then) current OS, and data, which are on separate drives.
    5. Make a Reflect boot drive.
    6. Disconnected the "other" drives (as recommended).
    7. And started the process.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick it was to the finished installation, didn't time it but less than an hour, so my first thanks goes to all those of you providing the advice and guidance (didn't have to refer to the tablet once). I did have legacy boot but now I have UEFI (which is one of the reasons), though my C: drive is between the UEFI hand recovery!

A big thank you [​IMG]

My next step was to moved my user document etc folders over to my D: drive, and that seem to go well, however on checking the user folders some of the sub-folders have disordered, not all just some and with no sort of pattern. So my second thanks goes to Reflect advisors, as all my lost date was soon recovered and back in place.

Just personalising my PC again, and as expected the odd minor hiccup, but nothing insurmountable.

So a BIG THANK YOU to Ten Forums and all the contributors.

Seasons Greeting, Stay Safe, and let's hope 2021 gets better (it would be hard to get worse) *Thumbs *Drink1

:)

Jimmyb, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Jimmyb Win User

A big thank you

Not sure where to put this, hope it's the correct place.

For my own reasons I decided I needed a clean install of my Windows 10 (20H2), and subsequently all my programmes. So my first port of call was this site to read the advice, which i read a number of times, and ensured that I could find the advice via my tablet if required. So I:

1. Downloaded the boot USB.
    2. Found all my programmes and the registration details.
    3. Make copious notes of actions to do.
    4. Backed up both my (then) current OS, and data, which are on separate drives.
    5. Make a Reflect boot drive.
    6. Disconnected the "other" drives (as recommended).
    7. And started the process.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick it was to the finished installation, didn't time it but less than an hour, so my first thanks goes to all those of you providing the advice and guidance (didn't have to refer to the tablet once). I did have legacy boot but now I have UEFI (which is one of the reasons), though my C: drive is between the UEFI hand recovery!

A big thank you [​IMG]

My next step was to moved my user document etc folders over to my D: drive, and that seem to go well, however on checking the user folders some of the sub-folders have disordered, not all just some and with no sort of pattern. So my second thanks goes to Reflect advisors, as all my lost date was soon recovered and back in place.

Just personalising my PC again, and as expected the odd minor hiccup, but nothing insurmountable.

So a BIG THANK YOU to Ten Forums and all the contributors.

Seasons Greeting, Stay Safe, and let's hope 2021 gets better (it would be hard to get worse) *Thumbs *Drink1

Jimmyb, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Burris Win User
    A Big Thanks

To Ztruker
    I can't personally thank you enough for all the support and help you offered to solve my problems.

I learned quite a bit in the process and want to thank you and others for all the suggestions.
    That's what makes this forum one of the very best.

Burris, Dec 24, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

A big thank you

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond A big thank you :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

A big thank you

1. A big thank you - Similar Threads - big thank

2. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  3. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  4. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  5. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  6. Big white box after login windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big white box after login windows: After the windows update earlier this week Ive been getting this white box image after signing in. The last two days Ive been able to brute force restart my way through but today Ive been at it for hours and no luck. The issue does not exist in safe mode. Ive tried disabling...
  7. How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop: [IMG]This post shows how to transfer large files from a Remote Desktop to a local machine or vice versa in Windows 11/10. We discuss how to copy large files over 2 GB in a Remote Desktop Session on a Windows server or client machine. What is the maximum file size transfer for...
  8. not a question - a big thank you to Maritza Capiro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not a question - a big thank you to Maritza Capiro: Thanks for your solution to file unavailable - directory corrupted.I used your suggestion of CHKDSK.I added the parameters /f /rTook 8+ hours on my 8TB external disk. Didn't appear to work at first; after a reboot, access was restored. Thank you. There are a lot of duplicate...
  9. Big thanks and a question about Tutorials

in Windows 10 Support
    Big thanks and a question about Tutorials: First, I have to give big, big thanks to the guys who write all these tutorials. Even if I think I know how to accomplish a task, it's still very nice to get an expert opinion. My question: How do you guys all decide which topics need tutorials? How do you find the time to...
  10. Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do: Please, add Microsoft apps for: - Offline browser - Peer to peer - Batch rename - Batch metadata manipulation - ASCII Art from images - File/folder comparison Please...