Windows 10: A bit of a saga..

Discus and support A bit of a saga.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, First time on here, so pleased to meet you all *Smile Went to Win 10 a couple of days after release with no problems at all and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lert, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Lert Win User

A bit of a saga..

Hi all,
    First time on here, so pleased to meet you all *Smile

Went to Win 10 a couple of days after release with no problems at all and had installed several updates over the last month.. Sweet, I thought. Three and a half days ago I did another update with the result that the taskbar became totally inoperative. Played around for several hours and then started over with a system image I made a few weeks ago. This got me going again in the taskbar department but the Edge browser was missing in action and no where to be found anywhere. In the meantime another update turned up (KB3081448) but that did not improve matters re. Edge..

Today I did another system image (for insurance), used the media creation tool to make a USB installer and with some trepidation went through the repair process as detailed in the tutorial on this forum. I'm pleased to report that all is now well thanks to the guidance from here..

Cheers
    Graham

:)

2. Candy crush saga not be installed pending

I have a problem for Candy crush saga/soda saga game installing

Just a little bit longer and candy crush saga will be installed. but not installing . what's problem?

Please solve it

Prem Kumar Jha, Aug 31, 2015
  3. In a bit of a bind

Hi,

I suggest you refer to the article given by Andre Da Costa.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue.

PranavMishra5582, Aug 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

A bit of a saga..

Was this problem on an upgraded machine, an upgraded machine then clean installed to, or an outright clean install of a retail windows 10 ?

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Lert Win User
    It was a re installation (repair) of a machine upgraded about a month ago.

6. AddRAM Win User
    Lert, of the 3 options I listed above, on which type of install did the original problem from the update start ?

An upgrade from 7 or 8 correct ?

And why did you need to do a repair ? If the repair was done before the problems. If the repair wasn`t done til after the problems, then disregard this question.

Thank You

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Lert Win User
    The original upgrade was to a Windows 7 machine via the standard 'reserve your copy of Win 10' etc. I forget what the actual wording was. All was good until a few days ago when after an upgrade, the number for which I neglected to note, the taskbar problem showed up.. Doing the re installation by USB seemed to be the only way I could get the Edge browser back,

8. AddRAM Win User

A bit of a saga..

Heck with Edge, use Chrome *Smile

Don`t forget, you can always use the reset feature instead of a re install.

You did right by creating an image, shame it didn`t work out correctly, they usually always do, but we are talking about 10 here, so.... *Wink

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
  9. Lert Win User
    I thought the 'reset' ditched all your stuff and I would rather not do that.

Re. Edge, Its not that I was desperate for it more that I had not had a chance to evaluate it properly. I use Firefox normally.

Anyway, pleased I went through the exercise for experience sake. Will make another system image and restore point and be ready for the next kerfuffle.

10. AddRAM Win User
Thema:

A bit of a saga..

1. A bit of a saga.. - Similar Threads - bit saga

2. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  4. I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...: running win10 64 bit vs win10 32 bit and how much ram is required for it or be able to run without lag? submitted by /u/savant78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1caj1w1/i_recently_installed_windows_10_64_bitandi_have/
  5. I have an Acer PC, Windows 11, 64 bit system. How do I download this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Acer PC, Windows 11, 64 bit system. How do I download this program: I want to download Clear Voice. How do I do it on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-acer-pc-windows-11-64-bit-system-how-do/0402ba7e-e55d-426f-a508-5d03f2bbb2f6
  6. I have an Acer PC, Windows 11, 64 bit system. How do I download this program

I have an Acer PC, Windows 11, 64 bit system. How do I download this program: I want to download Clear Voice. How do I do it on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-acer-pc-windows-11-64-bit-system-how-do/0402ba7e-e55d-426f-a508-5d03f2bbb2f6
  7. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  8. Bit locker on SSD Drive

Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  9. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...
  10. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...