Windows 10: A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...

Discus and support A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks. submitted by /u/TheIncredibleGaming [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheIncredibleGaming, Jan 10, 2021.

1. A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...

/u/TheIncredibleGaming, Jan 10, 2021
  2. LETALY2K Win User

Windows 10 Full Screen Aspect Ratio 4:3 problem

Hello there Windows 10 users,

I've recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, from Windows 8.1 Pro, since i've updated i've had problems playing games in fullscreen on a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I've noticed something strange, if i change to a lower resolution on desktop and than go into IntelHD 4000 and select "Scale Full Screen" it works perfect, i mean it stretches the resolution to the whole screen, but only on desktop, if i enter a game it
    will have blackbars on the sides.

But here's the odd thing, if i enter a game, let's say for example CS:GO or Dota2, and i have ingame aspect ration 4:3, my game will have blackbars on each side of the monitor, even if i have "Scale Full Screen" selected in IntelHD 4000.

And another odd thing is that if i am ingame and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, the desktop takes the 4:3 aspect ratio of the game with blackbars on the side...

What can i do? Please give me a solution to this annoying bug.

LETALY2K, Jan 10, 2021
  3. PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES

I've got this problem with the last major Windows update. Every time I try to launch a game with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game just stretches to my whole screen instead of being normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides (this occurs only in fullscreen,
    if I launch a game in windowed mode - it's all normal)

I tried this with a several games now, and results are the same.

I have a 16:9 screen with the resolution of 1600x900, and because of my low pc specs, I'm playing some of the games in 4:3 aspect ratio. But since the last major Windows update I can't really do it, and that's really buggin me out.

Does anyone, by chance, have the same problem?

Nyan People, Jan 10, 2021
  4. A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...

Aspect Ratio Not Working Correctly

I bought a new monitor recently that has a larger resolution than my previous one. It was 1920x1080 but now 2560x1440. Whenever I try to open a game that is able to use 4:3 aspect ratio, it used to give me black bars and place the program in the middle
    of my screen. Now, the game opens up on the side of my screen and causes so much warping of the actual game that I am unable to even play let alone see my screen without tons of blur and weird visual effects all over the place. It takes a bit of tweaking with
    the settings - changing the aspect ratio back and forth many times - for the black bars to eventually appear. I have already gone into my Nvidia settings and changed the scaling mode into aspect ratio. What can I do to fix this issue?

Ben Garduno, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3...

1. A bit of an odd question. If I play a game such as half life 1 at an aspect ratio of 4:3... - Similar Threads - bit odd question

2. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  3. Aspect ratio in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aspect ratio in games: I have a game on my pc that runs in a 4:3 aspect ratio and I accidentally launched it while another game that runs in a 16:9 ratio was open.Now whenever I open that latter game, it runs in a pixelated 4:3 ratio.How do I fix this. How do I set it back to 16:9....
  4. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  5. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3

windows 11 force scale aspect ratio of 4:3: I use the 4:3 resolutions a lot, however since my laptop has an apu, I can't adjust the scaling of the 4:3 resolution stretched/black bars from a gpu control panel.I tried using the intel graphic command center, but under the scaling options, there is only one option...
  6. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  7. 4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch

4:3 aspect ratio doesnt stretch: Hi tried almost every scaling mode i could and almost every thing i knew but somehow my windows still makes it look like slightly smaller 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/43-aspect-ratio-doesnt-stretch/e923b747-204d-460b-aff6-e31872b540ab
  8. PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES: I've got this problem with the last major Windows update. Every time I try to launch a game with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game just stretches to my whole screen instead of being normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides this occurs only in fullscreen, if I launch a game in...
  9. 4:3 aspect ratio problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    4:3 aspect ratio problem: Hello fellow Microsoft users, I have run into a problem a few hours ago. I was playing a game that was 4:3 full screen, and I turned my laptop off. When I turned It back on, my whole display was 4:3, even though I have a 16:9 monitor and it is normally 16:9. I have tried...
  10. Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidently mashed my keyboard now the aspect ratio is 4:3: Checked the resolution and its still 1080 60p like it should be but everything is squished with black bars on the side. Anyone know what keys i need to hit to get it back. Its not the resolution thats the problem its the aspect ratio. submitted by /u/theoriginalcalbha...