Windows 10: A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages

Discus and support A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a question related to Bitlocker on Windows 10 Hopefully one of the Microsoft Support or Security experts can confirm this. Here... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thekashmachine, Jan 30, 2021.

1. A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages

Hi everyone,

I have a question related to Bitlocker on Windows 10

Hopefully one of the Microsoft Support or Security experts can confirm this.

Here is the scenario:

I bought a 4TB Portable Drive.

I fill it up with 400GB 10% full.

I then decide to turn on Bitlocker

AND crucially choose the option to "encrypt entire disk".

This takes a full day and successfully completes.

So my question is...

If I were to chuck another lets say 400GB of files on there so 20% full now...

would these files be encrypted straight off the bat in real time because I had opted to encrypt the entire disk.

OR

Would I need to disable the Bitlocker encryption and then re-apply it from scratch and choose "encrypt entire disk" again to make sure the 400GB of additional files I chucked on after the first encryption was done would also be covered.

I don't understand how this works and none of your FAQ or bitlocker guides cover this topic.

Hopefully someone can answer this with complete certainty as this is important to me.

Thanks in advance

:)

Thekashmachine, Jan 30, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages

1. A Bitlocker Question that isn't covered in your Support/FAQ pages - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Question isn't

2. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  3. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  4. Recovery key faq

Recovery key faq: Hello , I need to retrieve the recovery key faq for my tablet. My key ID is 3E795BDA.Drive Label: JC-Stream-7 Windows 3/11/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-faq/0732f4dd-cc44-4596-b4cd-8862c0cdf5a3
  5. Printing question- Microsoft support pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing question- Microsoft support pages: Hello - Some Microsoft Support pages are basically limiting the printing to the text of the article ex. "Find your Windows product key", which is what I need, whilst some other overload en overrun over the printed text of the articles with the original existing preceding...
  6. Windows fax cover page

Windows fax cover page: Something keeps calling the fax cover page editor and I get a fax cover page appear on the screen. This has only started since I put windows 10 on this PC and it only occurs on this machine. Can anyone tell me what might be calling the fax app we don't use faxes? and how...
  7. Windows 10 Mobile End of Support FAQ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile End of Support FAQ: General Windows 10 Mobile What does end of support for Windows 10 Mobile entail? As of December 10, 2019, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options, or online technical content...
  8. Windows Icons Covered with a White Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Icons Covered with a White Page: [ATTACH] Some of the icons in my file explorer are covered by a blank white page and I can't figure out why. I have all of the latest updates as of 12-16-18. I have ran troubleshooter and it couldn't identify any problems with my machine. Does anyone have a suggestion on...
  9. BitLocker questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker questions: Hi, sorry for my poor English. I just realised that my HDD was Encrypted with BitLocker and I did not knew that. Rather I had no Key to access files in case of a failure were I could not boot any longer. How do I access my Data in case I can not Boot the PC and I have...
  10. BitLocker questions

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker questions: I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first. 1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents. 2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future...