Windows 10: A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English

Discus and support A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English. Actually it's hidden under the current typing window. You will see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HasithaDilshan, Sep 20, 2018.

1. A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English

A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English. Actually it's hidden under the current typing window. You will see it if you minimize it. That's how I got to see it. Can anyone tell me what is this. Please refer to photos that attached. The symbols which covered with red, inside the box are the letters of my current typing language, Sinhala.

A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English d0be07a1-26f4-4785-b96e-9bfedb53fb9a?upload=true.png A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English d06d9929-bda2-48df-9ebd-8c0bd5bb6815?upload=true.jpg

:)

HasithaDilshan, Sep 20, 2018

2. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 20, 2018
  4. A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English

how to change chinese language to english language in window 10 Xiaomi Note Air 12.5 in

Hi Jennery,

I suggest you to try below steps to change language.

• Press Windows + X key in the Windows desktop and click
      Control Panel.

• Open Language.

• Click on Add a Language and then select a desired language (Example: English) and click Open.

• Now select a Language (Example: English (United States).
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English

1. A bizarre box appear on desktop when typing in other languages rather than English - Similar Threads - bizarre box appear

2. Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ?: Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ? It is causing problem in identifying apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-logo-of-app-is-not-appearing-rather-a-box/c7a5a6f9-8f11-4cfa-9433-35cd74f65c1f
  3. Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ?: Why logo of app is not appearing rather a box appearing ? It is causing problem in identifying apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-logo-of-app-is-not-appearing-rather-a-box/c7a5a6f9-8f11-4cfa-9433-35cd74f65c1f
  4. language box appears while typing in regional language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language box appears while typing in regional language: when i type in my language Tamil in certain applications there is a typing box appears and whatever i type appears in that box after entering enter it comes to the cursor position. I couldn't disable it. this hinders my typing. can anyone help...
  5. language box appears while typing in regional language

language box appears while typing in regional language: when i type in my language Tamil in certain applications there is a typing box appears and whatever i type appears in that box after entering enter it comes to the cursor position. I couldn't disable it. this hinders my typing. can anyone help...
  6. Downloads Folder is in English Other Than My Selected Language

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder is in English Other Than My Selected Language: I have used a third-party program to to clean and get rid off the useless things on my laptop, which turned out to delete the entirety of my downloads folder, and later checking the folder out resulted in me noticing that the downloads folder is in english other than turkish...
  7. Downloads Folder is in English Other Than My Selected Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder is in English Other Than My Selected Language: I have used a third-party program to to clean and get rid off the useless things on my laptop, which turned out to delete the entirety of my downloads folder, and later checking the folder out resulted in me noticing that the downloads folder is in english other than turkish...
  8. Downloads Folder is in English Other Than My Selected Language

9. Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.: I've been having an issue with some of the icons on my desktop. I don't know why this happens and haven't found anything about it online, but for some reason I can't get some icons to appear "full screen" and they instead look as if they are minimized. You can see below the...
  10. Grey Box appears when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey Box appears when typing: I get this grey box that pops up whenever I am typing on chrome, word, etc. It seems to be an autosuggest since if I hover over the box, it is selectable and if I click a word gets typed. Any ideas what is wrong or how I can fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bizarre box in word