Windows 10: a black bar on top of my screen

Discus and support a black bar on top of my screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hey there, [ATTACH]any ideas on how to hide this black bar?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by haasti, Nov 12, 2020.

1. haasti Win User

a black bar on top of my screen

hey there,

a black bar on top of my screen 938aab01-9fb1-4a5a-aa81-96c28a233af6?upload=true.png any ideas on how to hide this black bar?!

:)

haasti, Nov 12, 2020
  2. ppomplun Win User

Black Bar top

I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens:

a black bar on top of my screen [​IMG]

A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas?

ppomplun, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Games cause black bars on screen

Hi Ethan,

For us to better assist you with your black bar issue on screen, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Black Screen on startup

In case the above steps do not fix the black screen perform the following steps:
    1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste
    2 )sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) net user test /add
    6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    7) shutdown /r
    8) sign on with the new user named test
    9) report into the thread whether the new user does or does not have a black screen problem.

10) If the black screen occurs with both users reboot the computer into safe mode:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

11) report into the thread whether the black screens occur or do not occur in safe mode

12) run this version of the log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. a black bar on top of my screen - Similar Threads - black bar top

2. black bar on top screen hides other programs menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black bar on top screen hides other programs menus: I gave the short version above but when using any program, there is a one inch black bar on the top of the screen. this is where the task bar pops in and out but when it's gone, it interferes with being able to use menus and the X and minimize buttons on other programs. I...
  3. Black bar on top of screen when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen when starting games: Every time i start a game no matter what game is, it shows this huge black bar on top of the screen. I have all the drivers up to date and today is the first time i've seen this happen. It goes away after some time 10-15 secThe game is on my native resolution of 1366x768 and...
  4. White screen at the top of my bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen at the top of my bar: Hi! I was playing a game Genshin Impact using full screen, mode, and everything was going smoothly. But then I pressed something on my keyboard, and a white bar suddenly appeared at the top. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of it, and it is really irritating since it...
  5. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  6. Search Bar at the top of my screen

Search Bar at the top of my screen: Hello, I recently opened my windows 10 and found a search bar at the top of my screen. Other apps' full screen don't go to the top of the screen either. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Here's a screen shot: [ATTACH]...
  7. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  8. Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10

Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10: Hi, I am having the following issue appear randomly with random applications when I maximize the window. First it happened with CLion, where I thought it was a bug in the program itself. But it would only go away after I restarted my PC. And now it happened in Chrome, same...
  9. Search Bar at the top of my screen

Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...
  10. Black Bar top

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Bar top: I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens: [img] A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas? 47307