Windows 10: a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

Discus and support a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; a blue screen pops up saying "your computer is updating do not turn off computer", the mouse is moving but not in my control. Must shut computer off to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eddel duca, Jan 24, 2023.

1. a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

a blue screen pops up saying "your computer is updating do not turn off computer", the mouse is moving but not in my control. Must shut computer off to stop, this happens randomly several times a day when on line, none of several virus scanners find anything. I don't have old enough restore point or restore doesn't stop problem. Have deleted browser and reinstalled but no change. I did download a exe file thinking it was from Paypal, but it was a scam. that's when this problem started. I think it is getting info from my computer.

:)

eddel duca, Jan 24, 2023
  2. chron Win User

Mouse click turns computer on!

Wireless mouse turns on computer when you click the button.

Is this a bug or something I've accidentally turned on in the bios? I have a P5w dh deluxe from Asus, and whenever I pickup my wireless mouse and click on it, the computer will boot up lol

Did I wire something wrong? Does this sound familiar? I have a feeling it's not mouse specific, but usb specific.

chron, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Frequent Blue Screen error on computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly are you getting the Blue Screen error?

• What is the error message you receive?

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you and found that the error is caused by a Memory corruption.

I would suggest you to run a Windows Memory Diagnostic check on the computer to check test the memory installed on the computer. Refer the steps
    mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      mdsched and click on OK.

3. Click on
      Restart now and check for problems.

Also, if you are using two RAM sticks, I would suggest you to using one RAM stick and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 24, 2023
  4. _JP_ Win User

a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is... [​IMG]

Worked for me.

Thema:

a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

1. a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is... - Similar Threads - blue screen pops

2. My computer will not turn on and is stuck on a blue screen saying that the computer is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not turn on and is stuck on a blue screen saying that the computer is...: My computer is an Acer aspire vx and it hasn’t run in a long time and now I started it and it won’t log in to the Home Screen it just says I need to restart everytime to fix a problem and gives me a code stop code as well as processor die...
  3. My computer will not turn on and is stuck on a blue screen saying that the computer is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will not turn on and is stuck on a blue screen saying that the computer is...: My computer is an Acer aspire vx and it hasn’t run in a long time and now I started it and it won’t log in to the Home Screen it just says I need to restart everytime to fix a problem and gives me a code stop code as well as processor die...
  4. My computer will not turn on and is stuck on a blue screen saying that the computer is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is my laptop saying Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop saying Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. On...: My laptop has been on a continuous loop resetting and showing me that same update screen. I even rebooted it and tried opening it in safe mode and it reset and did the same thing. What can I do to fix it?...
  6. a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a blue screen pops up saying your computer is updating do not turn off computer, mouse is...: a blue screen pops up saying "your computer is updating do not turn off computer", the mouse is moving but not in my control. Must shut computer off to stop, this happens randomly several times a day when on line, none of several virus scanners find anything. I don't have old...
  7. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...: During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day....
  8. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...: During this time the mouse is not in my control. Must force shut down. Mcafee says no viruses or bugs. Help. This is happening several times a day....
  9. My computer goes to blue screen “please wait your computer is updating. Do not turn off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Updating; do not turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating; do not turn off your computer: I got Windows updates and had to restart the computer. When I did it told me the process was 100 percent complete but it just kept going and going. So the process was not complete. Can't they give me percentages that increase over time, like after that first process is...