Windows 10: A bootable USB for Windows 10.

Discus and support A bootable USB for Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I create a bootable USB for Windows 10. I don't need a recovery USB just a bootable one..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickEvoy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. RickEvoy Win User

A bootable USB for Windows 10.

How do I create a bootable USB for Windows 10. I don't need a recovery USB just a bootable one..

:)

RickEvoy, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. A bootable USB for Windows 10. - Similar Threads - bootable USB

2. How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive?: Hello, How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive? Thanks Daniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-bootable-win-re-in-usb-flash/2953414f-1231-493c-8af2-58d2990fbf40
  3. YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!: Hey guys, After solving some recent booting issues with Windows 10 i figured i'd pick up one of my old projects i had lying around. My goal actually was to have a single 32GB Bootable USB Flashdrive with enough tools at my disposal so if i ever ran into any trouble (or went...
  4. How to create Multi bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Multi bootable USB: I want Win 7, Win 10, Macrium Rescue and one more in one USB. I tried program WinsetupfromUSB but could not run Macrium. Can someone tell how to proceed or is there any other program which could do it. I think, I selected wrong box while adding Macrium. Can someone tell...
  5. install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive: I finally got WSIM and sysprep to work and have a good ISO of a modified Windows 10 Pro X64 system. It installs on a Oracle VM since it can load directly from the ISO. Now I need to create a bootbale USB flash drive that will work on a BIOS/MBR system. As I said in the...
  6. I’m trying to create a bootable USB stick while I’m running Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I’m trying to create a bootable USB stick while I’m running Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Hello! My OS Windows 10 has been broken, I can only open the computer only in Safe Mode. so I have decided that it’s time to reinstall the windows so I download microsoft tool to create a bootale USB flash drive. But it does not work in safe mode! I got this error message:...
  7. Recover Windows 10 key from bootable USB without installing windows from it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Windows 10 key from bootable USB without installing windows from it: Hi, So my pc died a few days ago and I plan to buy a new one. It will be a dell tower with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I want to upgrade the license to Windows 10 Pro which I had on my now dead computer. I had made a bootable USB drive from my old pc. Is there any way...
  8. how to create a USB bootable media

how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...
  9. Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition...

Using windows media creation tool to make USB bootable flash not showing the win 10 edition...: Opening a windows media creation tool and when choosing the edition of win 10( win 10 N, win 10 home edition, etc.) it doesn't show the win 10 pro edition...
  10. Bootable USB still loads windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootable USB still loads windows: I made a bootable usb that had linux on it so I could dual-boot both linux and windows. Although, after I made my bootable usb, and I tried to boot from there, it still boots up windows instead. Is it something wrong with the flashdrive, or is there a way to make it stop...