Windows 10: A break from the past, part 2: Saying goodbye to ActiveX, VBScript,...

Discus and support A break from the past, part 2: Saying goodbye to ActiveX, VBScript,... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We recently posted “A break from the past: the birth of Microsoft’s new web rendering engine”, an in-depth look at the background and motivation behind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 5, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

A break from the past, part 2: Saying goodbye to ActiveX, VBScript,...

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2...pt-attachevent

:)

Brink, May 5, 2015

2. Unable to install Corel x8. ActiveX scripts are being blocked.

1. Does the computer belong to you or your employer?

2. Can you access/view/listen to YouTube and other videos using Internet Explorer 11? ...using Edge (browser)?

3. Is Internet Explorer, Edge, or Chrome configured as the system's default Browser?

4. Are you and your IT Department aware of the fact that ActiveX controls and other Add-ons are
    not supported in Edge? cf.
    https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/05/06/a-break-from-the-past-part-2-saying-goodbye-to-activex-vbscript-attachevent/

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 5, 2015
  3. I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser. I have a page requesting ActiveX be active. How do I activate in Edge?

Hi Dwayne,

Support for ActiveX has been discontinued in Microsoft Edge, and that includes removing support for Silverlight. The reasons for this have been discussed in

previous blogs
    and include the emergence of viable and secure media solutions based on HTML5 extensions. Microsoft continues to support Silverlight, and Silverlight out-of-browser apps can continue to use it. Silverlight
    will also continue to be supported in Internet Explorer 11, so sites continue to have Silverlight options in Windows 10. At the same time, we encourage companies that are using Silverlight for media to begin the transition to DASH/MSE/CENC/EME based designs
    and to follow a single, DRM-interoperable encoding work flow enabled by CENC. This represents the most broadly interoperable solution across browsers, platforms, content and devices going forward.

Check this blog link

Moving to HTML5 Premium Media

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 5, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Nice reading !

*Smile

Vladimir, May 6, 2015
  5. Very Interesting.

Thanks Shawn

Kellymac35, May 6, 2015
  6. It's a good thang ... MS is ridding itself of it's own one-off standards.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A break from the past, part 2: Saying goodbye to ActiveX, VBScript,... - Similar Threads - break past part

2. Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning: HP Chromebook Laptop Setup New Laptop 8445 al rabat in open chrome app and type saudia.com type riyadh to new york https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-naif-batarfi-goodbye-omnya-bafarat-goodbye/a60a36e7-158b-47e7-9ead-e03bf2bc689a
  3. Goodbye Winblows

Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  4. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  5. Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Saying goodbye to Windows Hello: A new starter setup a laptop and configured a Windows Hello PIN when prompted. Unfortunately this means they can't map a network drive which they really need to do. This looks to have been an issue for some time....
  6. activex

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    activex: I downloaded call of duty modern warfare but cannot play it because i get a message "activeX has encountered an unrecoverable error, see the readme for possible solutions" there is no readme. Microsoft advisors told me to download new activeX drivers but i dont know how to do...
  7. Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?: I have an old Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 motherboard with 16g ram and i5-2500k processor, nvidia GTX 750 TI GPU. No overclocking. For several months now I think, my Windows 10 updates have been failing. Occasionally the GPU driver would crash and try to restart. When I tried...
  8. Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed)

in Windows 10 News
    Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed): I apologize for the rather "clickbaity" title; come Windows 10 20H1, Windows Defender will no longer be a thing in the Windows 10 operating system as Microsoft will rename the tool to Microsoft Defender. So, instead of using Windows Defender or disabling it, users and...
  9. Quantum Break stuck loading at act 2 part 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quantum Break stuck loading at act 2 part 4: Quantum Break stuck loading at act 2 part 4 and disk usage keeps 0%, I Googled but no solution, plz help, really appreciate! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quantum-break-stuck-loading-at-act-2-part-4/7e097af7-2d2d-43fe-aeeb-8d9681419f1c
  10. WebService , ActiveX

WebService , ActiveX: Hello, Just wondered if somebody has a similar problem to me, Since I upgraded to windows 10 for windows 8.1 pro. I can't access my cctv cameras using webservice? It does not run ActiveX...... if I login in to the super administrator everything works fine, I have tried...