Windows 10: A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’

Discus and support A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In response to questions we’ve received from the software distribution and monetization industry, and following our blog announcing our browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’

Source: A brief discourse on 'Changing browsing experience' | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

:)

Brink, Apr 22, 2016

2. Web browsing experience

I'm on Opera Mini and although it isn't perfect, it's a lot better than the standard browser.

Creepy---01, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Web browsing experience

The web browsing experience is definitely poor, there's no question. Next to a Captivate, it's like being in the stone age. The browser that came with the N8 renders web content very faithfully, it just does it very slowly and the scrolling/viewing experience
    is poor. Complex pages will stall not just the browser but the whole phone, same as on my old E71.

Opera 10 Mobile is vastly faster and more usable, and it doesn't bring the phone to a crawl for big pages, but for some reason tap-zoom doesn't work on the N8. Opera also doesn't seem to make use of the N8's new access point priority queue. You can set it
    to always use one APN or set it to ask before connecting, but it doesn't automatically pick from the prioritized list (i.e. WiFi first, then 3G) like the built-in browser.

I'm really looking forward to the new Qt browser. If it can deliver Nokia features with Opera smoothness it will be a huge winner.

inept---01, Apr 22, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Anybody knows in what context was discussion carried out?

Is there a political debate going on to prevent browser's extensibility or something?

AndreTen, Apr 22, 2016
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    I don't know why it's here: Forum Rule 13 prevents us from discussing it! At least, in any depth.

It's about browser features that affect monetarizing, and distribution of software as covered by Rule 3 in a form considered as "Malware".

Malware, of course means different things to different folk. For some it is stuff that screws up your computer.

For others like myself it is an assault on my senses by stuff that I just don't want to experience at any time.

That's why I dislike Bing and MSN as much as I do.

Fafhrd, Apr 22, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Thanks Fafhrd!
    My thoughts were toward Forum Rule 13 also. But wanted to know, if something was discussed in political area or something.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’ - Similar Threads - brief discourse ‘Changing

2. EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance: How do I get rid of what Edge has done to itself?? This is now happened to 2 PC running EDGE, it is forcing me back to Chrome. Somehow the look is completely different, puts a bar of links on the side, looses the open new tab feature... All I do is use it, dont go into...
  3. Cortana Briefings

in Cortana
    Cortana Briefings: Hello, I have an end user that received a Cortana briefing that involved a task from a supervisor. The original email never reached the users inbox, they are only able to access the email from the Cortana brief. Is this a setting that can be disabled or something that is...
  4. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors: I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully...
  5. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors: I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully...
  6. Brief internet droppage on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brief internet droppage on ethernet: My pc is the only thing hooked onto a wired connection in the house. For some reason every 30-45 my connection drops for a fraction of a second and quickly reloads which is fine if I'm just online and such but, when I'm gaming it's just enough to where the game will boot me...
  7. Browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browsing: Can my child view my browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browsing/99d4cfd5-b6bd-40a5-873f-e7673d15746a"
  8. Kindly brief the meaning..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kindly brief the meaning..: What's the meaning of containing the directory " Or " Intended to contain directory " Does any file hold the directory of other file of another location ??? I am giving link below. https://norfolkinfosec.com/tag/hsmbalance-exe/...
  9. Hada brief BSOD this morning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hada brief BSOD this morning: Had a brief BSOD this morning but cannot find my dump files to have a look to see what it could have been. Machine has been playing up for the last week or so and I would like to see for myself what t could be . Any help thanks. 92862
  10. Upgrading to a Faster, More Secure Browsing Experience

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrading to a Faster, More Secure Browsing Experience: As we shared last year, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for current operating systems will be supported starting January 12, 2016. The vast majority of consumer devices have updated automatically, but some commercial customers still have...