Windows 10: A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated

Discus and support A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I went to check for updates and found that Windows Update already is ready to download "Qualcomm Communications Inc. - Net - 12.0.0.953". So I clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Sharku, Aug 4, 2020.

1. A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated

I went to check for updates and found that Windows Update already is ready to download "Qualcomm Communications Inc. - Net - 12.0.0.953". So I clicked on the "Download" button and a few seconds later I got a BSOD with "Secure Kernel Error". After the PC restarted, I discovered that the update history displays this driver as successfully updated to, which I'd highly doubt to be true. Does anyone have an idea of whether I should try to uninstall the update somehow or what even happened?

submitted by /u/The_Sharku
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Sharku, Aug 4, 2020

2. Black Screen During Driver Update A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Update drivers or not?

I just got myself a Asus M4A785-M mobo and decided to update the drivers but with the recent drivers the Audio driver display a windows "Would you like to execute ...bla bla bla" at each vista start. even if i unchekc the little square that say to show thius message again it always come back. Whts the problewm? should I still update thhe other drivers and leave the audio driver from original cd or just install no updated drivers at all?

MohawkAngel, Aug 4, 2020
  4. A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated [​IMG]

A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated [​IMG]

Still no boot. Moving on to the next step.

Borromaeus, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated

1. A BSOD during a driver update, but the driver apparently still got updated - Similar Threads - BSOD during driver

2. Multiple update graphics card drivers errors during games, drivers already updated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple update graphics card drivers errors during games, drivers already updated.: During playing multiple games, the would crash, or my computer would freeze, the error i got always included something along the lines of "update your graphics card drivers" they are always updated and I don't know why i keep getting this. I even got a new gpu and im still...
  3. Multiple update graphics card drivers errors during games, drivers already updated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple update graphics card drivers errors during games, drivers already updated.: During playing multiple games, the would crash, or my computer would freeze, the error i got always included something along the lines of "update your graphics card drivers" they are always updated and I don't know why i keep getting this. I even got a new gpu and im still...
  4. I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I got a BSOD when i update drivers by windows update: Hello everyone.i have a pad and it run windows 10 arm on it.yesterday, i reinstall windows 10 arm and i succeed, but i see a update notice about some feature and hardware drivers update.so i download these, but i got a BSOD "soc subsystem failure" when the pad install and...
  5. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  6. Updating the drivers causes a bsod with the driver ntoskrnl.exe

Updating the drivers causes a bsod with the driver ntoskrnl.exe: I have replaced the ram, motherboard and ssd but i still get the same error. Is there anything i can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-the-drivers-causes-a-bsod-with-the-driver/48e7be99-4b6f-484c-8a1a-70dcfcbe4e81
  7. Updating driver during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating driver during gameplay: Hi, It is possible that automatic update can download and install new graphics card driver during gameplay in some 3d game? Can this be a reason for blue screens? My question is related to Windows 10 Home/Pro (1809)...
  8. BSOD when updating driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when updating driver: Hi I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: iaioi2ce.sys. I had no open applications when this happened. I've tried it numerous...
  9. 0x00000113 bsod during Nvidia driver update/removal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x00000113 bsod during Nvidia driver update/removal: I am now on the 3rd fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit, today was a new Nvidia driver update which I tried to update ending in bsod during "driver removal" part of the Nvidia setup: Code: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.10240.9 AMD64Copyright (c) Microsoft...
  10. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates: (Also posted yesterday on Tom's Hardware--no responses there so far.) I have an exactly one-year-old Asus notebook (X555DA) running Windows 10. A little more than a month ago my laptop after a restart was slow and certain pages and programs refused to launch, despite...