Windows 10: A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

Discus and support A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobantone, Jan 3, 2021.

1. bobantone Win User

A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of Gmail and Microsoft Edge not saving user names/passwords ..... was to no avail!!

I found this yesterday: https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...s-10-bug-delete-saved-passwords-Google-Chrome

Not a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

:)

bobantone, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Jan 3, 2021
  4. kieran78 Win User

Google Chrome and Chrome OS......

Actually I have tried Google Chrome browser and observed that it Gmail works faster in Google Chrome explorer. So, yes I will definitely try Google Chrome OS also. And then, will reply again here, to give you the feedback of the new Google OS.
    http://goschrome.com/forum/

kieran78, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail - Similar Threads - bug Google Chrome

2. Issues with Google Chrome and Gmail with new Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Google Chrome and Gmail with new Windows 11 installation: Hi all. I am experiencing some annoying issues with Windows 11 in conjunction with a number of Google services. The device is a new Surface Pro 8 running a clean new installation of Windows 11. But I think these issues are really attributed to Windows 11 so I am posting it...
  3. Issues with Google Chrome and Gmail with new Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Google Chrome and Gmail with new Windows 11 installation: Hi all. I am experiencing some annoying issues with Windows 11 in conjunction with a number of Google services. The device is a new Surface Pro 8 running a clean new installation of Windows 11. But I think these issues are really attributed to Windows 11 so I am posting it...
  4. Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome: In Windows 7 I had 2 different email accounts. One was with ATT Yahoo and the other in Google Chrome. I have a new laptop running Windows 10. My Att yahoo account in Windows 10 is fine but when I go to Chrome it is asking me to set up a new email account. If I try to log...
  5. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  6. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  7. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  8. gmail/google and megalomania

in Browsers and Email
    gmail/google and megalomania: Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile
  9. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675
  10. Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511: I notice an unpleasant GUI-level change that appears after the upgrate to 1511. The issue seem to exist on all machines after 1511 upgrade. Firstly, Google Chrome shortcut pinned to Start Menu now appears on dark gray tile, instead of the regular "color accent" tile. Is...