Windows 10: A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

Discus and support A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JessFoust396, Nov 24, 2021.

1. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now Microsoft Store was fine. I reinstalled the same applications as before, very standard, common and famous applications, the same ones I had on my old PC, but again after a couple of reboots I had problems with the Store. I am really upset. I don't want to reinstall Windows 10 for the third time.

:)

JessFoust396, Nov 24, 2021

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2021
  3. microsoft store errors

Hi,

The 0x87AF0001 is a common error in Windows Store, wherein it prevents you to download or update new or existing applications. To resolve this, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open the command prompt, and run it as an administrator.
    • Type the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup.
    • Restart your device, and check if your query persists.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 24, 2021
  4. sam02 Win User

A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

1. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start. - Similar Threads - bug Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Store bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store bug: About 1/2 months ago, I restarted my old pc with windows 10 with 32 bit.The problem is: Microsoft store is not working, I open it, all alright, but at one point it crash.I've tried few methods: wsreset.exe not work, resetting Microsoft Store not work, using th troubleshooter...
  3. Microsoft Store bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store bug: About 1/2 months ago, I restarted my old pc with windows 10 with 32 bit.The problem is: Microsoft store is not working, I open it, all alright, but at one point it crash.I've tried few methods: wsreset.exe not work, resetting Microsoft Store not work, using th troubleshooter...
  4. Microsoft Store bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.: I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now Microsoft Store was fine. I reinstalled the same applications as before, very standard, common and famous applications, the...
  6. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.: I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now Microsoft Store was fine. I reinstalled the same applications as before, very standard, common and famous applications, the...
  7. Microsoft Store Bug

Microsoft Store Bug: Good day, Today I encountered a rather strange glitch in the Microsoft Store. I can actually buy something from the store and install it only once. If I remove any software and try to reinstall it from the store, neither the installation nor the download begins. The menu with...
  8. Microsoft store bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store bug: Once you cancel the download from microsoft store for any app in between you cannot download it again. It happened with me when I tried to download itunes and cancelled the download in between now it is not giving me the option to re-download. I tried installing from third...
  9. A bug in Microsoft Store is preventing to use Start - I already tried all the most popular...

A bug in Microsoft Store is preventing to use Start - I already tried all the most popular...: I am really discouraged. Windows 10 is a constant battle. I just bought a Dell G5 with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo because the operating system had become too unstable. I installed Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and Norton Antivirus and everything worked fine for a...
  10. Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students: I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004. I have used: Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore\AutoDownload = 2...