Windows 10: A bug when minimizing a window after a search

Discus and support A bug when minimizing a window after a search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a search, when I minimize or restore the window, the search reappears. See more clearly in the recording. https://youtu.be/9z1Vvs6_p34 Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexandruAgarici, Jan 25, 2021.

1. A bug when minimizing a window after a search

After a search, when I minimize or restore the window, the search reappears. See more clearly in the recording.

https://youtu.be/9z1Vvs6_p34

Thanks

:)

AlexandruAgarici, Jan 25, 2021

2. Minimizing file explorer sends it back to search mode

With latest Windows 10 update (currently I'm having 2004), if you search in File Explorer and do "open folder/file location", and then minimize the explorer window, it will automatically roll back to original search status.

Steps to reproduce this bug:

1. Open File Explorer

2. Pick a drive/folder, say "D:\data"

3. On search box of File Explorer, type a search string, for instance "rose"

4. A list of folders/files that have the string "rose" will be listed, and now right click on a folder/file, and select "open folder/file location"

5. As expected, the search status (colored as blue in task bar) is gone, and the window becomes like a regular file explorer window (colored as yellow in task bar).

6. You can further click on side bar and choose a different folder to display

7. NOW the PROBLEM, if you minimize this window (or click on bottom right corner to minimize all open windows), you will see from task bar that it goes back to search mode, and display "rose". If you open it again, you will see it shows
    search result for "rose" in current folder.

So, by picking "open file location", you already end the search and want to use file explorer in its usual way, but minimizing the window brings it back to search mode. I use search A LOT, and have seen this issue only recently. This is definitely a bug!

Henry Shen, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

A bug when minimizing a window after a search

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

A bug when minimizing a window after a search

1. A bug when minimizing a window after a search - Similar Threads - bug minimizing window

2. Windows Search Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bug: In the last few days, My Windows Search was glitching out and also it has been old from like 21H2 since the day this happened. I was trying to fix it with various sources on Google Search but had no luck finding the fix for this problem. The search bar also says "Type here to...
  3. Windows Search Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bug: Hello!Recently I've been experiencing bugs with the search bar in the start menu on Windows 11 Home 22H2.The bug is straightforward. It refreshes the search into the old version of it and it keeps distracting me. Even a restart could work or anything else.Is there any way to...
  4. Windows Search Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bug: Hello!Recently I've been experiencing bugs with the search bar in the start menu on Windows 11 Home 22H2.The bug is straightforward. It refreshes the search into the old version of it and it keeps distracting me. Even a restart could work or anything else.Is there any way to...
  5. Windows Search bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search bugged: Every time i open the windows search bar and type 2 letters and it bugs out and closes the search bar. I tried a few common fixes i found online but let me know what i can do? submitted by /u/saarthak17 [link] [comments]...
  6. Minimize folder after search back to search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimize folder after search back to search: Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows 10 1909 18363.592.Weird behavior with file search after opening folder. 1 Open a folder with explorer file. 2 Search a file. 3Close search. 4Minimize folder on taskbar. Eventually I get the folder back to search on its own....
  7. Windows search bugged

in Cortana
    Windows search bugged: Since this morning 06/01/2020 my Cortana search has been completely bugged. It seems to be tabbing or scrolling by itself. this even happens in windows settings. However it does not happen to anything outside of windows e.g, Spotify, Google. https://youtu.be/zYNK5A5d2kc This...
  8. Windows Search Bug

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bug: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When i try to reach " Indexing option " i get this error message! and crushes! And when i try to reach it by Setting app>Search>*click*Search windows, also the Setting app get crushed. how to fix that please ?...
  9. Windows search bug?

in Cortana
    Windows search bug?: When I am trying to find something by searching in that windows bar I get just some folders and links. [ATTACH] Instead of getting This PC I get this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bug/a3ccf0f7-3155-4b96-9cce-1dbf5901fe1b"
  10. Windows Minimizing bug? error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Minimizing bug? error?: it happen to me before when my son pressed something on my keyboard, but i formatted it anyway so i thought i have fixed it.. but now my son again played with my keyboard and got me this small but annoying problem. suddenly when i minimized an application ...for example...