Windows 10: A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

Discus and support A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried to give myself permission using properties but IDK what to do. These files are really important to me. I am a lowkey content creator nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aBoisvert2, Mar 20, 2023.

1. A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

I've tried to give myself permission using properties but IDK what to do. These files are really important to me. I am a lowkey content creator nd nobody likes loosing gigabits of your own images and stuff. No specific file folder, its over a bunch of files, but seems to be the older stuff in general.

:)

aBoisvert2, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Folder and File default permissions

Hi Hilton,

When you changed folder permissions, all of its contents will also be affected. If you want to change permission on certain sub-folders, it is recommended to separate it up to one level and change only specific file or folder permissions which are
    applicable to you.

To allow opening or modifying files, follow the steps below:

• Right-click a folder or file, then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Edit…
    • Tick Allow or Deny, to manage permissions for your folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images. 7e509f86-c947-4d23-9d23-817128c849f5?upload=true.png

Let us know if this resolve your concerns.

Johann Eva, Mar 20, 2023
  4. A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

Windows 10 File Permission Issue

There is a possibility that the files that you are trying to open are corrupted. Just to follow up, please answer the following questions:

• Which application are you using to open the photos?
    • What is the file type of the photos that you're trying to open?

We suggest that you check the permissions of the folder where the photos that you're trying to view are located at. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. A pop-up box will appear.

2. Go to the Security tab.

3. Under the Security tab, check if all the options under
    Permissions for SYSTEM are allowed/checked.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

1. A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images. - Similar Threads - bunch files randomly

2. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  3. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  4. new file appeared on my computer with a bunch of videos, i have no knowledge of them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new file appeared on my computer with a bunch of videos, i have no knowledge of them: Hi, i just went to clear out some space on my computer and found 19 videos in my quick access which i did not take, there is now a new file location called E:\DCIM\VIDEOS, i can’t open these videos as it says i don’t have access. The videos are named things like...
  5. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  6. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  7. A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.: I've tried to give myself permission using properties but IDK what to do. These files are really important to me. I am a lowkey content creator nd nobody likes loosing gigabits of your own images and stuff. No specific file folder, its over a bunch of files, but seems to be...
  8. A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.

A bunch of my files have randomly not allowed me permission to view them. Specifically images.: I've tried to give myself permission using properties but IDK what to do. These files are really important to me. I am a lowkey content creator nd nobody likes loosing gigabits of your own images and stuff. No specific file folder, its over a bunch of files, but seems to be...
  9. No Permission to View Files

No Permission to View Files: I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop. When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty...
  10. OneDrive: Image viewing permission error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive: Image viewing permission error.: A bunch of my images in my Onedrive are not allowing me to view. I am also unable to change access permissions via windows explorer. Any ideas how I can get access to my photos without having to manually download & replacing them all? [IMG] Changing permissions in Windows...