Windows 10: A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

Discus and support A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi. for the past few months, since the 23rd of September, I've seen an occasional Warning event in Event Viewer > Application, which states that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RamAm, Dec 9, 2023.

1. RamAm Win User

A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

hi. for the past few months, since the 23rd of September, I've seen an occasional Warning event in Event Viewer > Application, which states that a Certificate thumbprint has expiredtoday, I happened to accidentally stumble across an event log that actually explains more about this Certificate in "Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > CertificateServicesClient - Lifecycle-System > Operational"this error message states that a Certificate has expired, and the Details do confirm that it expired on the 23rd of September; however, it confuses me and I wou

:)

RamAm, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Johnny.ts Win User

Unknown certificate expires every week

Hi,

• Where exactly you get this error “Unknown certificate expires”? at the taskbar besides the clock
    • Is your system connected to the Domain? Yes, but this only happes to 4 pcs, the rest 3.000 are working fine.

I followed your suggestion and posted the question at technet forums.

Unknown certificate expires every week

Johnny.ts, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Lmgpl Win User
    Expired certificate

When trying to update a Nokia N95 I am getting the message "Expired Certificate" after the step Install MMS Sync.

On the computer it is saying installation complete?

Is the installation complete or is the expired certificate a problem?

Lmgpl, Dec 9, 2023
  4. A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

Expired Certificate

Hi,

We understand that you're having an issue with an expired certificate on your Windows 10 PC.

In line with this, have you tried contacting your device manufacturer for an update about the next steps you need to do after the procedure they did on your PC?

To make sure that your PC is secured, kindly run your antivirus software as well as the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter. The
    System Maintenance
    troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts, and perform maintenance tasks. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We also suggest that you perform a Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 to delete temporary
    files.

Let us know the result after following the steps above.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

1. A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter? - Similar Threads - Certificate Has Expired

2. On my computer it says “Your password has expired and must be changed” but no matter what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my computer it says “Your password has expired and must be changed” but no matter what...: I am new to microsoft and after getting my Computer repaired this happened and idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-computer-it-says-your-password-has-expired/9c349909-81cc-4f98-991e-1d3085bdf104
  3. On my computer it says “Your password has expired and must be changed” but no matter what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my computer it says “Your password has expired and must be changed” but no matter what...: I am new to microsoft and after getting my Computer repaired this happened and idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-computer-it-says-your-password-has-expired/9c349909-81cc-4f98-991e-1d3085bdf104
  4. A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?: hi. for the past few months, since the 23rd of September, I've seen an occasional Warning event in Event Viewer > Application, which states that a Certificate thumbprint has expiredtoday, I happened to accidentally stumble across an event log that actually explains more about...
  5. A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?

A Certificate Has Expired on my PC, What are the Implications and Does It Matter?: hi. for the past few months, since the 23rd of September, I've seen an occasional Warning event in Event Viewer > Application, which states that a Certificate thumbprint has expiredtoday, I happened to accidentally stumble across an event log that actually explains more about...
  6. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  7. Expired certificate

Expired certificate: This keeps poping up."msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to extensionwebstorebase.edgesv.net."This is vey annoying, when are you going to renew the certificate ?...
  8. Expired certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do: Tonight it happened that my PC had some kind of problem (screen freeze) for no reason. I tried to turn it off and open it again. Now, every time I try to open my PC, it starts normally and then turns off and reopens, but this time with a text that says 'Preparing the...
  10. Certificate has expired or is about to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Certificate has expired or is about to?: Since that last windows10 update every 8 hours I receive this Event ID 64 Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 7c 5e 84 21 3e ac 8f 29 a7 5e 4a a6 97 f8 74 ea 06 7f 06 7b is about to expire or already expired. Can I just ignore this or should I be trying to...