Windows 10: A Challenge question. Too short here to explain.

Discus and support A Challenge question. Too short here to explain. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 latest version using Chrome latest update. I use a program called Mint. I'm sure any number of you are familiar. When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackdashack, Oct 22, 2020.

1. A Challenge question. Too short here to explain.

I have a windows 10 latest version using Chrome latest update.

I use a program called Mint. I'm sure any number of you are familiar. When I go to change the category the options appear and in a nano-second are gone. Can't get the drop down to stay down. I have this problem over a year ago and contacted Mint a couple of times. They were at a loss. They said try updating drivers and such. When I go to Device Manager it says I have the latest version of these.

It also does it on other browsers is your next question. I gave up on Mint. Then a day or so ago I thought I'd try again, it's been a year or more. Same thing. Drop downs will not stay put. When I turned the pc on this morning I saw something in the lower left I'd not seen. My regular login with named account and Administrator. I thought always my named account was administrator. I believe it shows that way. So curious I logged on to Administrator. Again curiosity I logged onto Mint and tried the drop down for categories and "NO" problem there. Worked great. Okay, I'm thinking when I logged onto Administrator it said "few updates first."

Now I'm wondering if this might have fixed it on my named account. Logged off Admin and back onto my regular named account. Went to Mint and the same problem persists.

Does anyone have an inkling why the drop downs work when signed into Admin and not my named account? The question is not so much the difference in the named account and the Admin account but why the drop downs are fine on the Admin account and not the named account.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. jack ":-Dx

:)

jackdashack, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

GitHub Challenged Question

So i downloaded and installed:

A Challenge question. Too short here to explain. [​IMG]

But it immediately tries to update.

Blocking in Firewall is good enough if you have a firewall that alerts on connections.

Then create a permanent rule:

I will try deleting the updater and see what happens.

Callender, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft Daily Challenge Sudoku

Hi Mary,

There are many possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenges. It is possible that the app needs an update or an error with the in-game server. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Does the same issue occur on your other apps?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link
    . You can also check for new app updates on Windows Store by performing the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Norton Win User

A Challenge question. Too short here to explain.

WCG May 2014 Challenge planning thread

Suggest we post it here only and not start the game giveaway thread until after the challenge starts...

I was going to send out the list early myself:

Spoiler: Games for the giveaway A list of awesome titles expertly curated by our own manofthem *Pimp A Challenge question. Too short here to explain. :pimp:

Norton, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

A Challenge question. Too short here to explain.

1. A Challenge question. Too short here to explain. - Similar Threads - Challenge question Too

2. Microsoft releases the Windows App. Here is a quick explainer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases the Windows App. Here is a quick explainer: Microsoft released the Windows App as a preview this week. The application is available for Windows, macOS, iOS and web browsers at the time of writing. No word yet on an Android version, but it is almost certain that one is in development. The Windows app enables users to...
  3. Finding mp3 files that are too short

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding mp3 files that are too short: I have a rather large collection of mp3 files and when played some are incomplete and are thus only partial files.How can I list all mp3 file in a directory and it subdirectories and then sort by file size?I can get a list of all mp3 files using the Search Command in File...
  4. A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

in Windows 10 Customization
    A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :: Hello everyone, So I found this helpful thread: Windows 10 - German Keyboard/English Language - Microsoft Community Never mind the pity that threads get locked after some time zero need for spam control, my sites are proof, because my own situation is even more...
  5. Windows Activation Key Too Short

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Key Too Short: I just fresh installed windows to my new SSD, and it asked for the activation key like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, but my code is shorter so it doesn´t work. Also i cant find it anywhere anymore because i deleted windows off my old ssd so can i have it back someway??...
  6. a challenge question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a challenge question: my computed locked me out last night and ask for a challerige question the next street told me to call windows but I could not use any keyboard in any way I tried I got up at one restart it pray alloy before I did got it back up but it showed that street again what is shaping...
  7. GitHub Challenged Question

in Browsers and Email
    GitHub Challenged Question: My head spins each time I get on to GitHub. Would anyone be so kind to tell me which download I want for Windows 10 x64. Thanks so much. If I am not mistaken I want "BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe". Is that right? TIA. I know this is not the latest version. Release Desktop...
  8. Auto logoff time is too short

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto logoff time is too short: My laptop is too quick to shut off windows; I can't afford to waste time logging on with password every time I turn away to check paperwork. I estimate it closes after only maybe two minutes though I haven'[t timed it. I'd prefer it kept the screen I'm using open for at...
  9. Short question about Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Short question about Gmail: Hello, Can sombody explain to me what does the attached screenshot mean when signing out my Gmail account. Searched in Gmail help but could not find answer or send the screenshot. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 116052
  10. Calling all game devs: The Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge is Here

in Windows 10 News
    Calling all game devs: The Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge is Here: Dream.Build.Play is back! The long-running indie game development contest was on hiatus for a few years, so it’s high time for it to make a resounding return. The Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge is the new contest: It just launched on June 27, and it challenges you to...