Windows 10: A child leaves family group himself

Discus and support A child leaves family group himself in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ВалерияГоловко, Jun 2, 2022.

1. A child leaves family group himself

HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent that?

:)

ВалерияГоловко, Jun 2, 2022

2. Leave family as a child

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to leaving the family group as a Child Account.

Based on my research, Microsoft Family uses the COPPA Law i.e. Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule, where in the child under age group 13 won’t be able to leave the Family. If you’re below 13 years of age then you need to seek permission from
    the adult of the Family group to make the changes you require.

For more information you may want to get in touch with the adult of your Family group.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 2, 2022
  3. pdxfxt Win User
    Microsoft Family - teen child can leave the Family Group

I setup a Microsoft Family Group and added my kids as "Child" accounts.

My 15 year old son has a link on his account to "Leave family group", and anytime he wants to avoid screen time limits or play Xbox games that are restricted to him, he just logs into his account on family.microsoft.com, clicks this link, and then clicks Remove
    on the popup window. There is no password or parental consent required. My 8 and 10 year old do not see this link while logged into their accounts.

My 18 year old daughter also sees this link when logged into her account, which is totally fine because she is an adult. But I feel my son should either not see this link on his account, or require parent consent to Leave.
    How can I remove the link from his account screen, or prevent him from leaving the Family group without consent?

Searching the forums it seems there are many other parents with the same concern, but Microsoft's response is always "a child account cannot remove themselves from the family without the parent password"... however, the website does NOT request a password
    AT ALL for him to leave the family.

A child leaves family group himself b2452b08-104c-4c5e-ad69-c6f3d77c6b7f?upload=true.png

pdxfxt, Jun 2, 2022
  4. EdTittel Win User

A child leaves family group himself

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 2, 2022
Thema:

A child leaves family group himself

1. A child leaves family group himself - Similar Threads - child leaves family

2. leave a family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    leave a family group: i need assistance with removal of my account from the Microsoft Family group, as the organizer account is cannot be accessed as of this moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-a-family-group/437da08b-c0ac-4657-82ff-31f7585bc975
  3. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  4. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  5. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  6. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  7. Leaving a family as a child

Leaving a family as a child: My parents are divorced and my ex-dad has slight control over my account there are certain things i can and cannot do. I am also listed as a child under my family including only me and my ex-dad. I would like to leave the family but can't because i dont have access to his...
  8. Leave family as a child

Leave family as a child: My parents made me a new account without my permission and now they have changed my age so that I'm not old enough to make any changes. Do you know what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-family-as-a-child/afdbfd1a-27e1-45cf-a99a-a30ff36c8c42
  9. Microsoft Family - teen child can leave the Family Group

Microsoft Family - teen child can leave the Family Group: I setup a Microsoft Family Group and added my kids as "Child" accounts. My 15 year old son has a link on his account to "Leave family group", and anytime he wants to avoid screen time limits or play Xbox games that are restricted to him, he just logs into his account on...
  10. Child can remove himself from our Family Group

Child can remove himself from our Family Group: How can I prevent my son from removing himself from the Family Group? I've read the threads on this topic but can't find any that say how to block it. He doesn't have the password. He is listed as a "child". Yet he can still go into this and just click "Remove from Family...