Windows 10: A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back

Discus and support A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Back in the days of Windows 98 it was possible to customize everything. You could change the font without messing with the registry and the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt Darby, May 26, 2023.

1. A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back

Back in the days of Windows 98 it was possible to customize everything. You could change the font without messing with the registry and the system would respect all the system font changes that you made almost to a t. Even if someone else might have found your look unreadable if you found it readable you were allowed to do whatever you wanted with it and it was easy and you did not need to mess with the registry you just use the simple picker app in the settings. Variations of this idea were retained right up until Windows XP actually even Windows 7.. why did was this not retained in Windows 1

:)

Matt Darby, May 26, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2023
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 26, 2023
  4. A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back

PROBLEME with BLUETOOTH on NOKIA 6700 CLASSIC !!!

HI.

I HAVE A PROBLEME WITH BLUETOOTH ON MY NOKIA 6700 CLASSIC ........... BLUETOOTH can't be activate.

* I FOLLOW THIS STEPS ;

• menu
    • settings
    • connectivity
    • bluetooth
    • activate
    but he doesn't activate ........................................... so please help me!!!! .

P.S : thanks for your future suggestions

nazim---01, May 26, 2023
Thema:

A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back

1. A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back - Similar Threads - classic utility missing

2. A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A classic win utility missing from modern windows that needs to come back: Back in the days of Windows 98 it was possible to customize everything. You could change the font without messing with the registry and the system would respect all the system font changes that you made almost to a t. Even if someone else might have found your look unreadable...
  3. Windows utilities not working / missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows utilities not working / missing: Hi, I just got a refurbished Dell G5 5505 with Windows 10 and since I booted it up I have been unable to use many Windows features. I cannot access settings, the start menu, cortana, search bar, aspects of the task bar e.g. only able to right click on some icons. Some...
  4. Windows utilities not working / missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows utilities not working / missing: Hi, I just got a refurbished Dell G5 5505 with Windows 10 and since I booted it up I have been unable to use many Windows features. I cannot access settings, the start menu, cortana, search bar, aspects of the task bar e.g. only able to right click on some icons. Some...
  5. Windows utilities not working / missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. doesn't come back from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesn't come back from sleep: I have a monitor a keyboard and a mouse connected to my laptop, I don't have space on my desk for both my laptop and monitor so I just use my monitor with the laptop closed but when It goes to sleep I cant used my keyboard or mouse to wake it up, I have to open the laptop...
  7. Modern sound settings missing from the System settings in the modern settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modern sound settings missing from the System settings in the modern settings app: Note: i do not have windows 10 activated. The title contains what i need help with. When i search for how to get the modern sound settings back, i never find what i need, since all of the posts i find are on getting the classic sound settings instead of the modern ones....
  8. I need to enable back Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to enable back Modern Standby: I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when...
  9. Microsoft's plan to win back consumers with 'Modern Life Services'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's plan to win back consumers with 'Modern Life Services': It's not a secret that Microsoft hasn't been winning the hearts and minds of consumers lately. Killing off products like the Groove Music service, Microsoft Band fitness tracker, and Windows Phone have left many questioning whether Microsoft's grand plan is to simply focus...
  10. Missing Classic Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Classic Control Panel?: I liked the old Win7 control panel which gives a list of all control panel functions. I found out it can be used also in Win 10. Due a search for "control panel" on the search task bar. Right click to add to startup or task bar. If you just want to occasionally use it, hit...