Windows 10: A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC

Discus and support A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel’s got some great ideas. The project codenamed Tiger Rapids is said to be the future of mobile computing. Intel Tiger Rapids is a dual-screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC

Intel’s got some great ideas. The project codenamed Tiger Rapids is said to be the future of mobile computing. Intel Tiger Rapids is a dual-screen prototype that runs full Windows 10 operating system, has a 7.9-inch LCD on one side and E Ink panel on the other. Intel’s Tiger Rapids, the conceptual prototype, was shown off for the first time at Computex 2018.

People familiar with the matter believe that this is could be the evolution of 2-in-1s. It might end up replacing the tablets and laptops in a year or two. The smartphone isn’t quite versatile or comfortable enough for productivity, and a dual-screen device is going to fix this problem.

Intel has actually engineered the dual-screen Windows 10, and the company has developed a software to power the E Ink panel. The LCD panel boots Microsoft’s desktop operating system. Intel Tiger Rapids isn’t really attractive, but it’s a prototype device from a chipmaker after all.

One screen of the prototype boots Windows 10, so you can run apps such as Word or Excel, the second screen lets you take notes and it would appear on the first screen so that the user can make use of it. For example, if you draw something on the E Link panel, it’ll display on the first screen and it can also turn the handwritten words into texts.

A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: Cherlynn Low / Engadget.com

Intel Tiger Rapids is thin and light, and it sounds like an alternative to Microsoft’s rumoured Andromeda (often referred to as Surface Phone).

One day the hardware partners would embrace the concept, turn this into a retail product with further optimizations.

Intel claims you can get up to 6 hours of battery life out of this in prototype form, and it’s likely that the company will present an upgraded version of the Tiger Rapids at IFA 2018 in Berlin.

It’s a note-taking machine, and surprisingly, it works very well. The exterior of the device is impressive, but the software fails to impress. Such a device would make more sense with Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Core OS.

A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: Cherlynn Low / Engadget.com

Interestingly, Intel for some reasons put a matte finish on the LCD, and it still recognizes the stylus. The paper texture of the display makes the writing experience feel more realistic.

The E Ink screen also features a keyboard layout, but there’s a noticeable delay while typing.

The device looks more like a book with a realistic feel. It can fit nicely in hands, and this prototype uses an early version of the Kaby Lake Y chipset.

We’ll see more dual-screen Windows 10 PCs later, and Microsoft is also readying a new operating system for these devices.

The post A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 9, 2018

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for Intel® NUC Kit D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 10, 2018
  3. intel rapid storage technology problems

Hi Harish,

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    max green
    on March 7, 2016, in the link below.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology in windows 10

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows 10, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC

1. A closer look at Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screen Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - closer Intel Tiger

2. My screen seems too look closer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen seems too look closer: Gi guys i am hopeless in computers , i just put VR on my computer and im not sure if i stuffed something on my settings because my screen and the vr are way closer and bigger than before any help would be appreciated...
  3. Touch Screen & Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST):

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touch Screen & Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST):: Hi, My touchscreen stopped working, so, following searches, I uninstalled it and have been trying reinstall. This lead me to update Windows which lead to an error to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST), which I did. But then when I tried to update again, it...
  4. A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10: A few days back, Microsoft updated the old Skype app into a new UWP app built on React Native instead of XAML. The comes with the same design guidelines as seen on other platforms meaning it doesn’t follow the Fluent Design guidelines but it’s still much better than the old...
  5. Video shows off Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screened Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Video shows off Intel Tiger Rapids dual-screened Windows 10 PC: We already know that Microsoft and the partners are working on foldable devices with Windows 10, but a report yesterday claimed that Intel is also working on a similar prototype. We know that dual-screen Windows 10 PCs is the next big thing, and it would create a new category...
  6. A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs: Microsoft, Intel, Asus and the other PCs makers have started picturing dual-screen Ultrabooks, with both sides of the laptop-tablet now sporting LED screens. It looks like the dual-screen setup may not be just for phones and pocketable devices as the laptops will join the...
  7. Intel’s Tiger Rapids is a new conceptual dual-screen Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Intel’s Tiger Rapids is a new conceptual dual-screen Windows 10 PC: Microsoft has long been rumoured to be working on a foldable dual-screen device codenamed Andromeda with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processor. At Computex, Asus and Lenovo unveiled the dual-screen Windows 10 laptops. It appears that Intel has been also working on a dual-screen...
  8. Windows 10 Tip: A closer look at the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: A closer look at the Windows Store: What do you call a place that has the latest movies, TV, music, apps and games? The Windows Store of course! With the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update the Windows Store is better than ever. Today, we’re giving you a quick tour around the new Store. [img] To find...
  9. A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter: A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter [img] In Windows Insider Preview build 14371, Dona Sarkar and her Microsoft team introduced a new feature called Activation Troubleshooter for Windows 10. Activation Troubleshooter makes it easier to fix...
  10. A closer look at Windows Ink

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows Ink: Hello! I’m Li-Chen Miller, Group Program Manager for the Windows Ink team. I’m excited to share that many of the rich capabilities of Windows Ink are now available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today, and we will continue to light up new experiences over the coming...