Windows 10: A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

Discus and support A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When I reviewed Microsoft's Surface 3 tablet earlier this year I simply concluded that Microsoft should make a laptop. I can't believe I'm typing this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 5, 2015.

1. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

Read more: http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/6/94...aptop-hands-on

:)

Cluster Head, Oct 5, 2015

2. Window 10 start menu critical error

No relief. I tried all of this, but I got an error message with the Restorehealth command.

My laptop is a new (unusable) Surface Book. What's next?

Update: no help from Microsoft, but my IT support said the only fix was to wipe it and start over.

If you are thinking about a Surface Book, my advice is to just say "No!"

Florida Doug, Oct 5, 2015
  3. How best to sync a USB flash/thumb drive with folder on my laptop?

Interesting. I have used the SyncToy 2.1 with the laptop running Windows 7. Upgraded to Windows 10 and it ran fine. Now I got a new Microsoft Windows Surface Book and downloaded SyncToy and it didn't work. Installation says that you need .NET of certain
    build and computer spits message that it is already installed. I would look for alternatives (I am looking myself).

EugeneGolts, Oct 5, 2015
  4. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

Cluster Head, Oct 5, 2015
  5. rfruth Win User
    Sure sounds good, except the $ 1500.00 price.

rfruth, Oct 5, 2015
  6. GPU in the Base? Switchable graphics with the high power GPU in the keyboard?

alphanumeric, Oct 5, 2015
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    If I were to get one (and I do want one), I'd have to go with at least the i7 with the 256gig SSD drive; but good god the pricing on the high end side...

A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop [​IMG]

Anyway if I do get one, it'll be a birthday present to me in February. By then we'll know what bugs and issues this thing has... and if that'll change my mind. I've actually been looking for something like this anyway and I like what I see thus far.

sygnus21, Oct 5, 2015
  8. gentlema Win User

A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

I guess I was expecting something lower in price for a company just getting into this sector, but I'll wait and see if Microsoft rethinks this pricing scheme.*Rolleyes

gentlema, Oct 5, 2015
  9. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, Oct 5, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Not really; they already had the Surface Pro, and if you looked at the price and specs on those, these prices aren't terribly out of line, especially when you consider what these things do, and the tech used.

That said, yeah, the i7 models are expensive.

sygnus21, Oct 6, 2015
  11. doorules Win User
    Those prices are nuts. Best of luck at those price points.

doorules, Oct 6, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .I want. . .*Smile

13. doorules Win User

I want to, lol. *Smile Cant even find spec sheet yet and they are up for preorder. No info on exact cpu chip, nvidia chip, or ram type and speed and they want preorders. Did the MS chat thing on MS store site and they knew nothing about specs yet have them for preoder. Not going to spend this kind of money without these particulars. Just going to have to wait.

doorules, Oct 8, 2015
  14. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop [​IMG]

Cluster Head, Oct 8, 2015
  15. doorules Win User
    I have seen that, but it only has general info, not specifics. I want to know which versions of the surface book for example have which particular i7 skylake. I am guessing this will all be known shortly...

Would be nice if one of the choices is to have the unlocked i7 skylake chip *Smile

doorules, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

1. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop - Similar Threads - closer Microsoft's Surface

2. Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10: During the second event aimed at developers, Microsoft took the wraps off its new app store for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The Microsoft Store, otherwise known as Windows Store, has been “rebuilt” and redesigned to offer more than the store currently available on Windows 10....
  3. A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X: The leaked build of Windows 10X shows that the operating system will redesign the Action Center, Start Menu and Taskbar for single-screen PCs. On Windows 10X, Action Center has been specially crafted to power all form factors, including foldable, single-screen PCs and...
  4. A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X: On October 2, Microsoft announced Windows 10X for dual-screen and folding devices like Surface Neo. According to Microsoft, the OS is based on Windows 10 and it comes with a series of user-interface changes, including a new Start that offers less cluttered experience....
  5. Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10: As the work on the new Microsoft Edge browser advances, more details are appearing online. The latest leak has also confirmed that Microsoft will launch its own extension store and it will allow users to sideload extensions from Chrome Web Store which is a big deal....
  6. A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10: A few days back, Microsoft updated the old Skype app into a new UWP app built on React Native instead of XAML. The comes with the same design guidelines as seen on other platforms meaning it doesn’t follow the Fluent Design guidelines but it’s still much better than the old...
  7. Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead: Hi there Who said the laptop was dead -- Ms IMO have got this just right -- not cheap and very definitely a PRO machine - but well worthy as a MacBook competitor. Looks also a lot more rugged that the original tablet type "Vanilla" Surface Slab. Surface Book - The...
  8. A closer look at Spartan's new reading mode and reading list

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Spartan's new reading mode and reading list: [img] When Microsoft released Windows 10 build 10041, Spartan did not ship with it, which left many Windows Insiders upset as they wanted to play with the new bits. While you cannot experience Spartan for yourself quite yet, this post will help you get a closer look at a...
  9. Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature: Battery Saver, as the name implies, will help your mobile device make the most out of your battery. This feature works by limiting the background activity on your device when the mode is activated. You can turn the feature on at anytime but there is also a setting to have it...
  10. A closer look at Windows Ink

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows Ink: Hello! I’m Li-Chen Miller, Group Program Manager for the Windows Ink team. I’m excited to share that many of the rich capabilities of Windows Ink are now available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today, and we will continue to light up new experiences over the coming...